Shorter drivers and riders with 35s

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I searched and couldn't find this exact topic, so I'm sorry if it's a repeat. I have a 2019 Sahara on order and am trying to decide on how big I go with tires. I like the idea of going to 35s (Duratrac, Falken, Ridge Grappler, KO2) with a 1.5-2" lift but I'm worried they will be too tall. I'm 5'7" and my wife is shorter. I also have a Great Dane that will be the primary back seat passenger and steps instead of jumps into vehicles, otherwise I have to help her. I cannot get her to jump, even though she's fully capable.

So, I'm asking for other vertically challenged people who've had success or failures with 35s. I'm not worried about myself. I like sitting up tall and have no problem grabbing a bar and stepping on the running bar. Just worrying about my two other most important passengers.

BTW, even though this will be my main vehicle, I work from home and probably won't put 5,000 miles a year on it. I have no intention of being a rock crawler but I do want to go offroad on trails and wilderness roads.
Sponsored

Bayoumojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited sport jl
I really don't think you'll have a issue with you or your wife getting in. you've got the steps plus grab handles. If you want 35's get them. Also there's the electric steps seem to go down lower. Draw back is the cost. Not cheap. As far as the family pet maybe coach him with something he likes. Or you could build a small light weight set of steps then once loaded put it in the back if you go smaller then the 35's you want then you could be saying wow we should of went with 35's. Or go to a jeep dealer that has a lifted jeep and both of ya'll try it.

OP
OP
IronScott

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I really don't think you'll have a issue with you or your wife getting in. you've got the steps plus grab handles. If you want 35's get them. Also there's the electric steps seem to go down lower. Draw back is the cost. Not cheap. As far as the family pet maybe coach him with something he likes. Or you could build a small light weight set of steps then once loaded put it in the back if you go smaller then the 35's you want then you could be saying wow we should of went with 35's. Or go to a jeep dealer that has a lifted jeep and both of ya'll try it.
I've thought about those electric steps but they are really expensive. I need to go look at the dealer again and see if they have a lifted one. They didn't the last time I was there.

I love those. Look a lot nicer than the stock ones and they drop down a bit more.
Sponsored