Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
  • Banned
When I'm lowering the soft top in my JKU, I only need to remove the rear quarter soft windows (yes, I know the owner's manual says to take everything completely off including the tailgate/rear soft window as well as my pants but I've been fine keeping those on, sorry for killing your buzz Jeep engineers... "life finds a way" :cwl:).

Has anyone found shortcuts for lowering the JL's soft top or do you need to slide the the tailgate/rear soft window off every time? I think I've seen a video where a guy removed the right side (US: passenger/UK: driver) rear quarter soft window without taking the tailgate soft window off but not sure if you can do the same for the left. (I'd go and see for myself but the JL is basically taboo in RHD markets like where I am).

While I'm posting this, here are some other JK soft top shortcuts I've found through experimentation:
1. You can keep the tailgate/rear soft window just unzippped and falling inwards. I'm sure you can do this in the JL as well but in the JK you don't need to open the tailgate or slide the whole thing on and off (useful in tight spaces).

2. You can keep the tailgate/rear soft window almost fully unzippped with less than an inch still zipped for ease of putting back on.
Sponsored

bn13Cooper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited ~Granite
While playing around with it, I found that you can roll the rear window up and have them held by the two elastic loops. Regardless, both rear windows need to come out.

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
So you’re saying that the rear window doesn’t have to come off in order to put the top down?

Which two elastic loops are you talking about?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
While playing around with it, I found that you can roll the rear window up and have them held by the two elastic loops. Regardless, both rear windows need to come out.
Would you share a picture please? Thx

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
In a JK there are two stretch loops that you can attach to the back frame bar of the soft top. You would roll the back plastic window up and stretch these loops over the ends to hold it up without removing it. From what is being said you can do this on the JL too. Just be aware that your back plastic window will get scratched up a lot more. Here is a pic of a JK with the back window rolled up.

how-to-roll-jeep-wrangler-rear-window.jpg
Sponsored