Sponsored

Shop to do Dana Spicer Advantek Gears? Colorado - Denver

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If you're serious about doing it yourself, I can probably help. I've done several axles myself. Between my friend and me we have all the tools you need, including a case spreader and a stand to hold the axle while you work on it. I'm in Castle Rock and my buddy is out near Elizabeth.

I won't have free time until after memorial day but I'd be willing to pitch in.
This is the stuff that makes the Jeep community so amazing.

@grimmjeeper + @chevymitchell

Jeep Wrangler JL Shop to do Dana Spicer Advantek Gears? Colorado - Denver o-CHEERS-LEONARDO-DICAPRIO-570
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine is the M200 in my Sahara. I got the Advantek 4.56 gears and they’re definitely quieter than the stock 3.45’s. lol

OP
OP
kis_face

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
I wanted to post an update-

With concern a shop wouldn't do the regearing properly or be as precise with the setup I decided to do the gears myself. After purchasing the necessary tools and with some info and support from @chevymitchell I was able to complete the task without any major problems. The gears are quiet and the Jeep feels like a whole new ride. I'm not sure I'd be excited to do gears again but I definitely like knowing that everything was done correctly and I can be confident in the reliability. I installed the gears on a new crate axle and I initially thought that since the axle was new that everything would come apart easily, but it proved to be the complete opposite. Since nothing had been broken in everything was tight. Just getting the carrier out of the housing proved challenging. Reassembly definitely went a lot smoother than disassembly. Even with the challenges I had disassembling the gears I think anyone with basic mechanical skills and the correct tools can do the job themselves. If you're on the fence about whether or not to try it yourself I'd say go for it. The end is rewarding and like I already mentioned it's nice knowing they are done correctly and there are no mysteries about the setup.

Thanks again to @chevymitchell for quick responses to questions. Your an asset to this forum and the Jeep community.

The crate axle I purchased was a factory Rubicon M220 (D44) which came with 4.10 gears. I removed the 4.10 and installed 4.56. I'd like to sell the stock 4.10 ring and pinion as they are basically brand new and were only factory installed and then removed with zero miles. The pinion obviously has a bearing already on it but it's brand new too so I'd just use it. I'll post the r/p in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

The Rubicon axle has replaced the original sport axle the came on the Jeep which is also a M220 (D44) but it's the narrow version. It has the stock 3.45 gears with Limited Slip and has 27,300 miles on it. I plan on selling the axle if anyone is interested.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

With concern a shop wouldn't do the regearing properly or be as precise with the setup I decided to do the gears myself. After purchasing the necessary tools and with some info and support from @chevymitchell I was able to complete the task without any major problems. The gears are quiet and the Jeep feels like a whole new ride. I'm not sure I'd be excited to do gears again but I definitely like knowing that everything was done correctly and I can be confident in the reliability. I installed the gears on a new crate axle and I initially thought that since the axle was new that everything would come apart easily, but it proved to be the complete opposite. Since nothing had been broken in everything was tight. Just getting the carrier out of the housing proved challenging. Reassembly definitely went a lot smoother than disassembly. Even with the challenges I had disassembling the gears I think anyone with basic mechanical skills and the correct tools can do the job themselves. If you're on the fence about whether or not to try it yourself I'd say go for it. The end is rewarding and like I already mentioned it's nice knowing they are done correctly and there are no mysteries about the setup.

Thanks again to @chevymitchell for quick responses to questions. Your an asset to this forum and the Jeep community.

The crate axle I purchased was a factory Rubicon M220 (D44) which came with 4.10 gears. I removed the 4.10 and installed 4.56. I'd like to sell the stock 4.10 ring and pinion as they are basically brand new and were only factory installed and then removed with zero miles. The pinion obviously has a bearing already on it but it's brand new too so I'd just use it. I'll post the r/p in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

The Rubicon axle has replaced the original sport axle the came on the Jeep which is also a M220 (D44) but it's the narrow version. It has the stock 3.45 gears with Limited Slip and has 27,300 miles on it. I plan on selling the axle if anyone is interested.
You're very welcome. I'm happy to help and glad it all worked out well for you.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

That's awesome man. Good for you. Lol. There was just a thread about a dude not knowing what tire pressure or colour matching a hi lift jack and here you are tearing into a brand new axle. Lol

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Congrats! It’s no small job in my eyes. That happens to be the only thing I haven’t done in my years of being a car guy.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller

Congrats! I’m going to be diving in again sometime this summer with my new JL. Still waiting on R&P for over a month from ECGS, but I still need to source a front locker so I’m in no hurry.

Job well done, hopefully you motivate someone else to take the dive!
Sponsored