Sponsored

Shop install price for Rough Country 2.5" spacer lift kit?

Dangitbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Fair price?
I have the Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift kit, its $179.00, looking for a shop to do the install, Billy Bobs offroad in milton quoted $535 plus tax for install and alignment, do you think this is a fair price? I was thinking they would only need a couple hours to do this, and maybe at $100 an hour.. but their quote seems a bit high.. thoughts? I considered doing this myself, but don't really have a good place to set up shop considering i live in the city. Nor am i the greatest at mechanics...

Hello,
Labor and alignment is $535.00 plus tax

Billy Bobs Offroad & Truck Specialties

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...MIgeTn-qeS3AIViONkCh213wiTEAYYASABEgI5pvD_BwE

Definitely want her sitting up another 2+ inches:
IMG_20180710_153442_911.jpg

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and I had a 40+ year master mechanic helping me, and it took us about 4 hours...and that was only because we had access to a large array of tools, spare parts, etc. This install can be a bit of a pain in the ***. I personally think $535 is very fair. If the mechanic runs into the issues we ran into, he may be sorry he quoted you so low. Lol.

OP
OP
Dangitbilly

Dangitbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and I had a 40+ year master mechanic helping me, and it took us about 4 hours...and that was only because we had access to a large array of tools, spare parts, etc. This install can be a bit of a pain in the ***. I personally think $535 is very fair. If the mechanic runs into the issues we ran into, he may be sorry he quoted you so low. Lol.
Thanks, chances are they will run into issues, doubt they have too much experience with the JL. okay thanks for the feedback. I hope it goes well, can't wait for the 2.5 lift.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I was all set to do mine myself as I have every other lift I've had, but my local shop quoted me $200 with alignment...so that was a no brainer.

OP
OP
Dangitbilly

Dangitbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was all set to do mine myself as I have every other lift I've had, but my local shop quoted me $200 with alignment...so that was a no brainer.
$200 Thats amazing! Please let me know how long it takes them, and any complications they ran into.
May get a 2nd opinion with another shop.

Thanks!

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
$200 Thats amazing! Please let me know how long it takes them, and any complications they ran into.
May get a 2nd opinion with another shop.

Thanks!
It only took them a few hours, with a lift of course. No problems. This also included installing the RC adj trac bar. Turned out great, drives same as stock.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Fair price?
I have the Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift kit, its $179.00, looking for a shop to do the install, Billy Bobs offroad in milton quoted $535 plus tax for install and alignment, do you think this is a fair price? I was thinking they would only need a couple hours to do this, and maybe at $100 an hour.. but their quote seems a bit high.. thoughts? I considered doing this myself, but don't really have a good place to set up shop considering i live in the city. Nor am i the greatest at mechanics...

Hello,

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...MIgeTn-qeS3AIViONkCh213wiTEAYYASABEgI5pvD_BwE

For someone that does JK/JL lifts frequently it should not take more than 3 hours.
If takes me 2-3 hours from start to finish now that I've done that kit a few times(Getting it on the lift, centering the steering wheel etc.)
I typically charge $225 to install that kit for customers, just for a reference point.

Doing it yourself the first time with jack stands I would factor in most of a day taking several beer breaks in between :beer:

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You’re Jeep is going to look just like mine. And I think mine looks dope.

Last edited:

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
You’re Jeep is going to look just like mine. And I think mine looks dope. I don’t have a stretcher though. Is that your job or do you just think it’s a good idea? Looks pretty badass.
I may be mistaken, but I believe those are recovery boards/tracks.

OP
OP
Dangitbilly

Dangitbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re Jeep is going to look just like mine. And I think mine looks dope. I don’t have a stretcher though. Is that your job or do you just think it’s a good idea? Looks pretty badass.
Thanks, they're actually recovery tracks. I'm hitting the Pacific ocean this weekend with lots of sand.

Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Fair price?

Hello,

What setup do you have to hold the rotapax, that's pretty sweet?
Looking for a simple setup myself until I have a roof rack

OP
OP
Dangitbilly

Dangitbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What setup do you have to hold the rotapax, that's pretty sweet?
Looking for a simple setup myself until I have a roof rack
Thanks, it's an EZ rack from Rockslide Engineering.

Details can be found in a youtube video I made below.

Thanks

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
An alignment will run you around $100 so if $535 includes the alignment, it doesn't seem that bad.

I've installed quite a few kits and it takes me 4+ hours. It's not hard, but something always comes up, not having the best tools, and it's 100+ degrees outside, etc.....
Sponsored