Sponsored

Michigan Shockingly Awesome Deal on NEW RELEASE Fox 2.5 Performance Series Shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
The stroke is still the same as the Mopar ones though? I'm also running those currently. With a non Mopar kit and enjoy the ride.
Very similar. Within 1/4"

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
How long will this price/discount last? Won’t be ready to put a lift on till after Christmas
Unfortunately, not that long. Discount ends at the end of the month. This is a pre-release to forum members before it goes public.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Are these Fox 2.5 rebuildable and custom tunable?

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
Are these Fox 2.5 rebuildable and custom tunable?
Yes, all FOX shocks, starting with the 2.0 Performance Series, are rebuildable and tunable.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Haha, why is that bad for me?
You asked, so I will expound, in some what limited detail. Don't take it out of context, it's not bad for you personally. IE, Why buy a new set of Fox 2.5's , which is bad for you(JKS).
You say, ALL Fox 2.5's are rebuildable. So this info is bad for JKS, IE, I have a set of Fox 2.5's as do many and find them excellent but with 45K on them I am thinking, I can just rebuild them OEM or have them custom tuned by a tuner shop. The option by my understanding is, Mopar tuned them for my JLR with a 3.6 auto. or that is what this guy says, https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/2-inch-lift-kit-fox-series-shocks-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited.

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
You asked, so I will expound, in some what limited detail. Don't take it out of context, it's not bad for you personally. IE, Why buy a new set of Fox 2.5's , which is bad for you(JKS).
You say, ALL Fox 2.5's are rebuildable. So this info is bad for JKS, IE, I have a set of Fox 2.5's as do many and find them excellent but with 45K on them I am thinking, I can just rebuild them OEM or have them custom tuned by a tuner shop. The option by my understanding is, Mopar tuned them for my JLR with a 3.6 auto. or that is what this guy says, https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/2-inch-lift-kit-fox-series-shocks-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited.
The Mopar tune is for on-road performance. The valving is much stiffer than our tune. You can have yours tuned for hybrid use, or offroad use. Hey, it's not a bad thing! That's the great thing about FOX shocks, you can rebuild them and tune them to your specifications.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
Be sure to checkout Fox's recommended service schedule:

https://www.ridefox.com/service.php?m=truck

I was a bit surprised when I read the service intervals in particular...
It's kinda like the dentist... Every six months you should go in for a cleaning. You know only 25% of the population actually does that. Haha. The biggest thing is to inspect your shocks regularly, like anything else. Especially if your jammin' offroad a lot. We have Jeeps with 50,000 trail miles that we've had the same shocks on without major maintenance-- meaning, we just cleaned them up and checked for any seal weeping.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It's kinda like the dentist... Every six months you should go in for a cleaning. You know only 25% of the population actually does that. Haha. The biggest thing is to inspect your shocks regularly, like anything else. Especially if your jammin' offroad a lot. We have Jeeps with 50,000 trail miles that we've had the same shocks on without major maintenance-- meaning, we just cleaned them up and checked for any seal weeping.
I agree! With my Mopar Fox 2.5's, at less than 50k miles (50/50 on-road/off-road) I noticed two of them were not fully extending which is why maintenance/inspection is important.

quick66

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hightide Edition
DM sent... Are this a direct bolt-in replacement (e.g. no modifications required)?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.