Sponsored

Michigan Shockingly Awesome Deal on NEW RELEASE Fox 2.5 Performance Series Shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
Interested for JT. Those seem a bit short for up to 3.5” lift. Seems like those lengths are similar to 2-3” of the 2.0 shocks. Only available in these lengths?
JT front is the same as the JL, JT rear is 28.14". Rear shock is a different part number.
Sponsored

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
FOX has released a newly tuned 2.5" Performance Series shock specifically for the Jeep JL. These new Performance Series shocks feature consistent and fade-resistant performance due to high-quality materials: 2.5-inch aluminum bodies and race-developed main piston with a true internal floating piston (IFP) to separate gas and oil.

The larger diameter valve assembly improves comfort through a wider dynamic range. This allows for a supple feel as velocity increases when transitioning from crawling to fast trail driving:
  • Tuned specifically for optimum ride and performance on larger plus-size wheel and tire packages.
  • The same high-quality aluminum bodies and internal floating piston architecture used in our Performance Series 2.0 shocks.
  • New 2.5-inch diameter shocks have more surface area and increase oil capacity of the shock, allowing for more heat dissipation.
  • Larger diameter valve shims translate to smoother feel: think firmness without harshness, allowing for a softer tune.
  • 50% more piston surface area provides less damping fade and more bottom-out control at higher speeds.
Built-to-last, torture-tested, and race-proven to give a lifetime of great rides.

*Designed for 2-3.5" lift heights.

Only $999.95/set MSRP, does not include Forum Discount (PM me for discount)

DSC_1453.jpg
What are the new/improved features?

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Depends on manufacturer if it's taken advantage of, but moving the gas piston into the reservoir does allow for an increase in shock travel.
True. But if you have a shock with X amount of travel, there isn't a benefit of remote reservoir for most people.

If you have a huge travel shock, a remote reservoir kind of becomes a necessity. But for stuff that can be had either way, it really isn't a big deal unless you are a desert racer.

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
What are the new/improved features?
A reduction in rebound and minimizing bleed allowed for superior tire control for the larger tires and still have superior road grain and harshness properties. A flutter stack in compression allows for a plush ride feel, but the ability to handle bumps when necessary. A focus on thinner shims near the piston allows for a nice, round feeling without too much wheel shake from the large tires.

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
A reduction in rebound and minimizing bleed allowed for superior tire control for the larger tires and still have superior road grain and harshness properties. A flutter stack in compression allows for a plush ride feel, but the ability to handle bumps when necessary. A focus on thinner shims near the piston allows for a nice, round feeling without too much wheel shake from the large tires.
that’s great news. I’ve been wanting to get a lift but the thing that’s stopped me was shock prices. Admittedly, I was looking at reservoirs which I know is overkill. Seeing this deal makes me want to revisit the idea though

Sponsored

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
that’s great news. I’ve been wanting to get a lift but the thing that’s stopped me was shock prices.
Would you say you experienced "sticker shock"?

So sorry . . .

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Mopar lift Fox 2.5 shocks paired with RK 2.5" springs and like them very much for what I do with my Jeep.

I am actually running the shocks which were designed for a 2 door 3.6L - I have a 4 door 2.0L.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
JKS ENGINEERING:
Interested. For a stock 392XR, will these work? Price is for 4, correct?
Yes, they will work. Price is for a set of 4.

OP
OP
JKS Manufacturing

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
How do these differ from the Mopar lift Kit's Fox 2.5 shocks. Are these tuned for various wrangler weights/packages, like JL vs JLU and motor options.
These have different valving than the Mopar shocks, which are designed for more on-road use, than off-road. Additionally, these were tuned specifically for the JL and different on-road and off-road conditions, with 35's and 37's. The body is the same as the Mopar shock, but the internal flutter stack, shimming, and valving is completely different.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
These have different valving than the Mopar shocks, which are designed for more on-road use, than off-road. Additionally, these were tuned specifically for the JL and different on-road and off-road conditions, with 35's and 37's. The body is the same as the Mopar shock, but the internal flutter stack, shimming, and valving is completely different.
The stroke is still the same as the Mopar ones though? I'm also running those currently. With a non Mopar kit and enjoy the ride.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.