MereKatAlex

First Name
Meredith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Good morning fam! Needing yall's help.

Having an issue with my 2018 JL Sport. Side note - it was built and then sat for several months without being driven at the dealership.

Came home the other night after errands, parked and was going to run back out after dropping a couple things off, and it wouldn't start. Dash lights and interior lights came on, but wouldn't turn over. 2 weeks ago I needed a jump (because I was tired and left my LED's on for several hours after work), but it fired up first time, and wasn't an issue anymore.

I'm a nurse, so course of action was to try least invasive (and least expensive) fix first. I replaced the battery, all connections are secure, and still the only thing that turns on is my light bar. I've only got 16,000 miles on it, so I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and if anyone knows of any recalls on starters or alternators.

Thanks yall!
Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are two batteries. Did you have both replaced? My auxiliary battery died and pulls from the main battery so it sounds like we will continually need to replace both of the batteries for the life of the vehicle whenever one of them goes.

OP
OP
MereKatAlex

MereKatAlex

First Name
Meredith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I haven't, but now I'm wondering if that's why the auto start/stop stopped working about a month ago. I'm newer to this world, and so having 2 batteries to monitor isn't something I initially considered.

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
My aux battery died and my Jeep had the same symptoms you are experiencing, (aux battery controls the start/stop). It pulled the main battery down to 5.7 volts. Had both replaced under warranty.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't, but now I'm wondering if that's why the auto start/stop stopped working about a month ago. I'm newer to this world, and so having 2 batteries to monitor isn't something I initially considered.
On ours I first noticed that the stop/start wasn't kicking in for a few weeks so then I would check the status on the gauge cluster and it would say "stop/start not ready: battery charging" or "stop/start not ready: battery protection mode." A couple weeks later I had to jump the Jeep twice and then got it to the dealer for warranty replacement.

They replaced both batteries under warranty.
Sponsored