Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

I created this list for myself yesterday and decided to share it with the community. Although there are much more considerations to shocks than just the specs, it's still good to have readily available information in one spot. I did look for more information from other companies (like fabtech for example) but I haven't seen them posted anywhere. RED is the best value, while BLUE is the worse value in each column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESz-bgwMWeVeqyUwoXjIDoPR_YMkCQaGKBtgz3o6OZA/edit?usp=sharing

If there is a way to have the spreadsheet plot in this forum post, please let me know!
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

I created this list for myself yesterday and decided to share it with the community. Although there are much more considerations to shocks than just the specs, it's still good to have readily available information in one spot. I did look for more information from other companies (like fabtech for example) but I haven't seen them posted anywhere. RED is the best value, while BLUE is the worse value in each column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESz-bgwMWeVeqyUwoXjIDoPR_YMkCQaGKBtgz3o6OZA/edit?usp=sharing

If there is a way to have the spreadsheet plot in this forum post, please let me know!
Awesome, would have saved me some time. Where are the 4.5-6" shocks????:beer:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

I also have quite a few shock options documented at the lower lift heights. I will add it in when I get a chance. Right now it is just in notepad on my iPad.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet I’ll get them added in the morning!
I added everything in and attached it. You can just take the version I uploaded and replace the one you had shared.

it would be great if we could keep adding to it, or maybe even add spring information. I was trying to gather lift spring info such as spring rate, extended length, compressed length etc. I wanted to try and optimize my lift based on spring and shock specs, but I realized really quickly that most don't publish all of the information. I actually like the spring rate on the Mopar springs, with the Fox 2.5 dsc shocks. I rode in a JL with this setup and it was amazing. Second was the synergy springs with the Fox shocks. All the Teraflex spring and shock combos I have ridden in were very harsh, but have not been in an unlimited with the 2 door shocks yet.

Metalcloak springs also ride nice, but so far not had a chance to test those out with the Fox shocks.

I did the same thing with wheels and tires. I gathered what I could on the various wheels and tires I liked to be able to play around with combos to match what I was looking for. There are a few combos with 315/70/17s that I can get to be the same weight as the factory Falcon M/Ts. I am waiting on the new Venonrex, and the AEV JL Salta to make a finial decision on wheels and will select a tire after that. The 3rd wheel I am looking at is the Method 314.

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I added everything in and attached it. You can just take the version I uploaded and replace the one you had shared.

it would be great if we could keep adding to it, or maybe even add spring information. I was trying to gather lift spring info such as spring rate, extended length, compressed length etc. I wanted to try and optimize my lift based on spring and shock specs, but I realized really quickly that most don't publish all of the information. I actually like the spring rate on the Mopar springs, with the Fox 2.5 dsc shocks. I rode in a JL with this setup and it was amazing. Second was the synergy springs with the Fox shocks. All the Teraflex spring and shock combos I have ridden in were very harsh, but have not been in an unlimited with the 2 door shocks yet.

Metalcloak springs also ride nice, but so far not had a chance to test those out with the Fox shocks.
Ya I added a new page that way they can all be in the proper sections and the best / worst values can stay with their own groupings. I do have a list of spring rates I can add but same deal, maybe companies won’t give u that. U found the mopar springs with fox 2.5 were better than synergy? I ask because on paper, synergy offers a softer spring.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Ya I added a new page that way they can all be in the proper sections and the best / worst values can stay with their own groupings. I do have a list of spring rates I can add but same deal, maybe companies won’t give u that. U found the mopar springs with fox 2.5 were better than synergy? I ask because on paper, synergy offers a softer spring.
I think with the Synergy being multi rate it felt different. I am sure with playing around with the Fox shocks I could have made them actually ride better, but it was not my Jeep. I agree, on paper I prefer the Synergy for sure. With the cost of the Mopar springs it is not to bad to have them as well as the Synergy and then select the best after using both and playing around with them. One advantage for Synergy is that they have much longer extended lengths, but to use it you need a really long shock. One downside of Fox is they are shorter than others at max extension.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I think with the Synergy being multi rate it felt different. I am sure with playing around with the Fox shocks I could have made them actually ride better, but it was not my Jeep. I agree, on paper I prefer the Synergy for sure. With the cost of the Mopar springs it is not to bad to have them as well as the Synergy and then select the best after using both and playing around with them. One advantage for Synergy is that they have much longer extended lengths, but to use it you need a really long shock. One downside of Fox is they are shorter than others at max extension.
Isn’t the synergy spring dual rate? A ride rate and a flex rate? I wonder if the 3” synergy shocks would work with the 4.5-6” shocks? @AllJumpStyle sorry to tag but any input?

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
In what way did you feel the synergy was different?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
In what way did you feel the synergy was different?
hard to explain, almost like too soft when a tire was dropping into a hole or climbing out of one, then it would stiffen up all the sudden. It just never felt as predictable to me as far as that was concerned. Again, it was not my Jeep, so I am not able to vouch for things being setup how a I would do it, and also don't recall if they had the 2-3" or the 3.5-4" shocks on it. It was the 2" springs, and Synergy recommends the 3.5"-4" Fox shocks for it, but I am not sure which ones were on.

I still really like the Synergy's as they have awesome extended lengths. I can run a shorter overall spring height wise, and still get crazy down travel. Since I am trying to stay low, that is a plus for sure. I go back and forth between these quite often, but will need to decide soon. My JLUR is a pig with all the skids, so that also comes into play.

I hope to get to see a few more combinations before I decide, but if not I'll make due. If I was going taller, or running larger and heavier tires I think I would for sure run Metalcloak. The people I know running their 3.5" springs have amazing setups. That's just too tall for me.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t the synergy spring dual rate? A ride rate and a flex rate? I wonder if the 3” synergy shocks would work with the 4.5-6” shocks? @AllJumpStyle sorry to tag but any input?
When I was talking to Synergy and ORW both they recommended the 3.5"-4" Fox Factory Race 2.5 shocks for their 2" springs and the 4.5" set for the 3" springs. However with the 3" synergy springs and longer shocks you need a lot more parts to do it right due to the amount of down travel. From what I remember they have some of the longest spring lengths at full droop out there. Even the 1" springs are crazy long at full flex. The great thing about Synergy is they are easy to get in touch with, and have great customer service. When I was looking at options for my old 2019 they were really helpful with advice. They also won't try to oversell you, and I thought that was pretty cool.

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
When I was talking to Synergy and ORW both they recommended the 3.5"-4" Fox Factory Race 2.5 shocks for their 2" springs and the 4.5" set for the 3" springs. However with the 3" synergy springs and longer shocks you need a lot more parts to do it right due to the amount of down travel. From what I remember they have some of the longest spring lengths at full droop out there. Even the 1" springs are crazy long at full flex. The great thing about Synergy is they are easy to get in touch with, and have great customer service. When I was looking at options for my old 2019 they were really helpful with advice. They also won't try to oversell you, and I thought that was pretty cool.
oh were they really? I was talking to Dave at synergy and he stopped short of recommending the 4.5-6” shocks and said to take measurements and flex the Jeep. I will say with my Jeep on the rack completely drooped with my 2-4.5” falcons the springs are still too tight to even rotate in the perches.

it looks like going from 3.5-4 Fox 2.5 DSC shock to 4.5-6 adds 1” of travel with 2” of extra down and the loss of 1” up travel.
Sponsored

Last edited: