Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Since the list isn't updated w/ all the latest spring #s you have to fill in a few blanks. The closest combos to your springs #s listed in the chart are in line 4 (the second Sport listed) for the front 228 springs , and line 5 (the third Sport listed) that has a 109/110 combo, so your 111s in back are one number higher than the tallest spring on that Sport.

I assume the hardtop, tow pkg, and that extra battery requires that 111 spring to keep the lift approximately the same as the lighter Sport w/ less options.

You may want to add some 3/4" spacers as needed, but hard to predict your exact lift, and also what your plans are down the road for bumpers, winches, skid plates, all that stuff that will take some of your lift away.

If you can find springs from a JLUR in the 660 to 662 range in front and 590 to 592 range in rear you should get that 2" lift. And if you want the most lift the Diesel Rubicon springs will net another 1/2" to 3/4" higher, but may ride a bit firmer AFAIK they have stiffer spring rate, but not sure on that.
Update. I just picked up a set of JLUR springs. The 2 shorter ones are 591/590 and one of the stickers was gone off the longer one so one is unknown but other is a 662. Do you know which ones go in which corners?

I still gotta order the longer lcas and not planing until spring to do it anyways just want to label them and put them on the shelves for later.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Update. I just picked up a set of JLUR springs. The 2 shorter ones are 591/590 and one of the stickers was gone off the longer one so one is unknown but other is a 662. Do you know which ones go in which corners?

I still gotta order the longer lcas and not planing until spring to do it anyways just want to label them and put them on the shelves for later.
Short springs go in the back and the shorter for each pair goes on the drivers side. Might want to check on those LCAs, seems like they may be backordered, so might be a good idea to get in line for them now :)

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Short springs go in the back and the shorter for each pair goes on the drivers side. Might want to check on those LCAs, seems like they may be backordered, so might be a good idea to get in line for them now :)
Haha ok thanks. I've been waiting g 3 months for floor mats for my wifes 21 JGCL lol. I still don't know how I got my orderd jeep in 8 weeks. So lucky

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last question I swear. Do they have a top and bottom orientation?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Last question I swear. Do they have a top and bottom orientation?
The front springs have that gray plastic spring wrap on the bottom, the rears AFAIK don't have a specific orientation, but when you remove them I'd just put a strip of tape on the top of the spring and compare them to the new ones just to be sure.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front springs have that gray plastic spring wrap on the bottom, the rears AFAIK don't have a specific orientation, but when you remove them I'd just put a strip of tape on the top of the spring and compare them to the new ones just to be sure.
Ok thanks I noticed the grey plastic that's why I asked.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
@AnnDee4444 thanks for compiling tis useful information - its been very helpful.

Referring to your spring sheet I see two listings (lines # 23 & 27) for JLUR w/ hardtop, bumper and tow package but with different spring numbers.

Are lines 23 & 27 for 3.6L automatic too? Any idea what the difference of spring #s may be?

I have a Sport S, 3.6 with hardtop, tow package and steel bumper and also rubicon fenders.

I'm considering rubicon springs and Fox 2.0 shocks v/s a lift. I only need about 1.5".

I'm currently running 305/70/17 (33.5")tires. My use does not necessitate going any larger tire and I still see 8th gear, which is why Im leaning toward rubicon springs. with new shocks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix 1643148559471

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
@AnnDee4444 thanks for compiling tis useful information - its been very helpful.

Referring to your spring sheet I see two listings (lines # 23 & 27) for JLUR w/ hardtop, bumper and tow package but with different spring numbers.

Are lines 23 & 27 for 3.6L automatic too? Any idea what the difference of spring #s may be?

I have a Sport S, 3.6 with hardtop, tow package and steel bumper and also rubicon fenders.

I'm considering rubicon springs and Fox 2.0 shocks v/s a lift. I only need about 1.5".

I'm currently running 305/70/17 (33.5")tires. My use does not necessitate going any larger tire and I still see 8th gear, which is why Im leaning toward rubicon springs. with new shocks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix 1643148559471
Sorry, that information wasn't provided to me. I haven't really kept this up-to-date, and I think the number prefix doesn't include all spring options anymore.

You might try looking at the XR or 392 springs for the 1.5" lift

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Any help identifying these. He said they came off a fully loaded 2021 Rubicon

Front and rear

459774FA-0546-4DDD-9212-6162F14684D3.jpeg

187C1049-F679-4985-A9E6-8F869E58E20F.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

halewest

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I've had a few people ask for access to my shock & spring charts, so I decided to put all this in a sharable format that anyone can access or download & modify. There's more than one tab at the bottom, feel free to view or download.

Shock Matrix
The following fields highlighted in yellow are adjustable.
  • The 'Ride Height' field uses my JLR as a base, but your Jeep may ride differently. Be sure to check the shock eye-to-eye measurements for accuracy.
  • 'Bump Travel' (or Up Travel) just turns some of the text red that is outside of the recommended range
Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix 187C1049-F679-4985-A9E6-8F869E58E20F

OEM Springs: a never complete list of all the spring combinations

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix 187C1049-F679-4985-A9E6-8F869E58E20F

Rear Motion Ratio: shows how the rear shock's response isn't linear to suspension travel, and most important at lower ride heights

Spring Rates: a small list of spring rates I have collected from this forum

Caster: another small list, this time of caster measurements using fixed arms

Wheelbase: comparing the JL to other Jeeps

Breakover: how the JL & JT breakover angles change at various heights
Does anyone have data on the Xtreme Rubicon with 35's?

halewest

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
FYI all Rubicon Xtreme Recon's have 35" tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix 1
I'm talking about real data related to the spring rate, the actual spring lift vs fender repositioning and those type of critical items needed to make decisions on replacement springs which are widely specific to Rubicon's but not Xtreme Rubicon's.

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I'm talking about real data related to the spring rate, the actual spring lift vs fender repositioning and those type of critical items needed to make decisions on replacement springs which are widely specific to Rubicon's but not Xtreme Rubicon's.
Excluding the unsprung mass, why would the Rubicon Xtreme Recon be heavier than a standard Rubicon?