Sponsored

Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hi I'm new to jeeps and trying to figure out the springs that are on my 2dr willys.

Rear part # I can see is 68249111AA same both sides

Front is # 68250228AD same both sides

I can see a bunch of numbers but how do I figure out the spring weights? I want to get rubi springs but I want to figure out what I have so I can figure out what lift to expect.
I am in a similar situation (Sport S V6) and I can't find much information about the 68250 and 68249 springs. The thing I am afraid of is that by going from equal springs in the front to springs that are one-number off (as in most rubicons), this would create a lateral rake.
Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Just a generalization, but your Willys 2 dr is set up like a base Sport w/ V6 in front, and a number higher than the 2.0 Sport in rear. If you can locate the higher gas (non-diesel springs) you can expect about a 2" lift all around.
Here's my install thread on them including the LCAs, in post #4 (which I highly recommend when swapping to Rubicon springs).
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
I've read your thread before I started looking.

In the sticky they mention like a 3 number digit and then to go up 1 or 2 numbers from there. What 3 numbers on the sticker are the referring to

Example 591....

I have the e torque v6 which as the 48v batter underneath, hardtop, and the tow package so that probably why it's 1 higher in the rear but how did you figure out I was one higher? Lol

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I am in a similar situation (Sport S V6) and I can't find much information about the 68250 and 68249 springs. The thing I am afraid of is that by going from equal springs in the front to springs that are one-number off (as in most rubicons), this would create a lateral rake.
You won't notice springs being one number off side to side, you will more than likely measure a difference w/ a tape measure but visually it's such a small amount it's not noticeable.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've read your thread before I started looking.

In the sticky they mention like a 3 number digit and then to go up 1 or 2 numbers from there. What 3 numbers on the sticker are the referring to

Example 591....

I have the e torque v6 which as the 48v batter underneath, hardtop, and the tow package so that probably why it's 1 higher in the rear but how did you figure out I was one higher? Lol
Since the list isn't updated w/ all the latest spring #s you have to fill in a few blanks. The closest combos to your springs #s listed in the chart are in line 4 (the second Sport listed) for the front 228 springs , and line 5 (the third Sport listed) that has a 109/110 combo, so your 111s in back are one number higher than the tallest spring on that Sport.

I assume the hardtop, tow pkg, and that extra battery requires that 111 spring to keep the lift approximately the same as the lighter Sport w/ less options.

You may want to add some 3/4" spacers as needed, but hard to predict your exact lift, and also what your plans are down the road for bumpers, winches, skid plates, all that stuff that will take some of your lift away.

If you can find springs from a JLUR in the 660 to 662 range in front and 590 to 592 range in rear you should get that 2" lift. And if you want the most lift the Diesel Rubicon springs will net another 1/2" to 3/4" higher, but may ride a bit firmer AFAIK they have stiffer spring rate, but not sure on that.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since the list isn't updated w/ all the latest spring #s you have to fill in a few blanks. The closest combos to your springs #s listed in the chart are in line 4 (the second Sport listed) for the front 228 springs , and line 5 (the third Sport listed) that has a 109/110 combo, so your 111s in back are one number higher than the tallest spring on that Sport.

I assume the hardtop, tow pkg, and that extra battery requires that 111 spring to keep the lift approximately the same as the lighter Sport w/ less options.

You may want to add some 3/4" spacers as needed, but hard to predict your exact lift, and also what your plans are down the road for bumpers, winches, skid plates, all that stuff that will take some of your lift away.

If you can find springs from a JLUR in the 660 to 662 range in front and 590 to 592 range in rear you should get that 2" lift. And if you want the most lift the Diesel Rubicon springs will net another 1/2" to 3/4" higher, but may ride a bit firmer AFAIK they have stiffer spring rate, but not sure on that.
Ok thanks for the help. I know there's a full rubi takeoff in the area for sale. I'll see if he wants to part just the springs.

Won't be any heavy mods till way after warranty so no bumpers/fully Armour etc.

The willys is pretty sweet as is. For 90% of jeep people it's perfect. That's why I didn't get a rubi. I've done moab in a Nissan xterra with just 33s, rear locker and it had ifs and it was a little harder but still doable.

Thanks again

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok thanks for the help. I know there's a full rubi takeoff in the area for sale. I'll see if he wants to part just the springs.

Won't be any heavy mods till way after warranty so no bumpers/fully Armour etc.

The willys is pretty sweet as is. For 90% of jeep people it's perfect. That's why I didn't get a rubi. I've done moab in a Nissan xterra with just 33s, rear locker and it had ifs and it was a little harder but still doable.

Thanks again
Never hurts to have an extra set of shocks and end links if the whole set is a good deal. And yeah, your JL is very capable out of the box :)

JustDSM

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon 2dr V6 M/T
Just want to contribute and add another data point to the mix...

2021 JLR V6 Manual, Hardtop, LED, Cold Weather, Towing, and plastic bumpers.

Currently, with ~90miles on the ODO, the Jeep sits w/ the following shock lengths @ ride height:

Front: 20.5"
Rear: 22.0"

Front Driver:
Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix IMG_1172

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix IMG_1173

Rear Driver:
Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix IMG_1174

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix IMG_1176

Front Passenger:
*No tag present*

Rear Passenger:
Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix IMG_1178

Jeep Wrangler JL Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix IMG_1179

Last edited:

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just want to contribute and add another data point to the mix...

2021 JLR V6 Manual, Hardtop, LED, Cold Weather, Towing, and plastic bumpers.

Currently, with ~90miles on the ODO, the Jeep sits w/ the following shock lengths @ ride height:

Front: 20.5"
Rear: 22.0"

Front Driver:

Rear Driver:

Front Passenger:
*No tag present*

Rear Passenger:

Funny how your front springs are 1 more then mine yet my rears on both sides are 111s yet I have a Willy's etorque auto but all the other options are the same

Bobisawesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
From quadratec on their 2.5” maximum duty lift

“Coils are Variable & Dual Rate both front & rear. Below are front & rear coil spring rates. Front Spring Rate: Rate 1: 90 lbs/in Highway rate as coils ride in first 1” travel & Rate 2: 135 lbs/in Transition rate as coils compress past 1” travel & firm up for more stability & control Rear Spring Rate: Rate 1: 110 lbs/in Highway rate as coils ride in first 1” travel & Rate 2: 185 lbs/in Transition rate as coils compress past 1” travel & firm up for more stability & control Thanks for your inquiry.”

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I went ahead and uploaded the video I took of DS clearance with the Bilsteins, as you guys can see 28.43" of the 5100s is about as far as you can go and not make contact between the clamp and the flange.

Great video showing front driveshaft clearance with front shocks drooped to 28.43". This will likely help some people out on this thread.

As always caster will impact clearance, so your Jeep may be better/worse. This is on a 4xe which I believe has the transfer case in the same location as all other engine/transmission options.

Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I recently compared my JLUR to a JLURD and the height differences were approximately .5" in the front and .75" in the rear. So is this primarily due to the spring height? How come others have stated Diesels normally sit 1.25-1.5 inches higher? Is that statement false then?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I recently compared my JLUR to a JLURD and the height differences were approximately .5" in the front and .75" in the rear. So is this primarily due to the spring height? How come others have stated Diesels normally sit 1.25-1.5 inches higher? Is that statement false then?
I think because the diesel motors weigh more so if you were to put them on your JLUR you'd probably net another 1/2" give or take w/ your V6 gas motor. Here's a good posting on some results on a 2dr.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...on-on-2-door-sport.40700/page-19#post-1767572

Reactions: zdr
OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It seems like there isn't really a standard for how high each trim/drivetrain sits. Some are low, some are high, raked, leaning, etc. Also the options seem to somewhat dictate the springs Jeep chose, although not with much accuracy regarding height.

Since you have both a Diesel and a Rubicon, can you do us a favor? The front bump stops are longer on the Diesel, but I haven't seen anybody compare measurements to know exactly how much. If possible, could you take some measurements?

Reactions: zdr

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It seems like there isn't really a standard for how high each trim/drivetrain sits. Some are low, some are high, raked, leaning, etc. Also the options seem to somewhat dictate the springs Jeep chose, although not with much accuracy regarding height.

Since you have both a Diesel and a Rubicon, can you do us a favor? The front bump stops are longer on the Diesel, but I haven't seen anybody compare measurements to know exactly how much. If possible, could you take some measurements?
From his posting I don't think he has a diesel but was able to compare his non-diesel w/ one, but???

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual

I don't have a diesel, I test drove one last week otherwise I would.
Sponsored