Shock, Springs & Suspension Information Chart Matrix

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I get that, but I'd assume all the Jeeps on their overlanding run he referred to didn't suffer from the low bump travel issue? He literally said all the Jeeps were falling behind to the point the Toyotas had to pull over and wait for them multiple times. He said the Jeeps couldn't go any faster for fear of losing control? I call BS.
You gotta take into account what kind of Jeepers would be hanging out with a bunch of guys in IFS yotas.
Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

FYI: Some XRs are coming with very low bump travel. Less than Rubicons. The one shown in the video is one of them.

Jeep's ride height claims are wildly inaccurate.
Hi, did the spreadsheet change recently? The OEM Springs tab does not look like it did previously. Now there is an OEM Spring Combo tab and an OEM Spring List. Neither look like the spreadsheet I was viewing a month or two ago (it looked like the Spring image from the first page of this thread. Am I going crazy? lol

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hi, did the spreadsheet change recently? The OEM Springs tab does not look like it did previously. Now there is an OEM Spring Combo tab and an OEM Spring List. Neither look like the spreadsheet I was viewing a month or two ago (it looked like the Spring image from the first page of this thread. Am I going crazy? lol
Not crazy... I update it when I think of better ways of viewing & sorting data.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Not crazy... I update it when I think of better ways of viewing & sorting data.
Ok, thanks! Maybe its just me but it made more sense the old way. Of course, my objective is simple. Determining which Rubicon springs are the highest. It isn't made any easier when Jeep uses soooo many different numbering schemes. For example, these numbers for rear coil springs: 68253597AA and 68253592AA. These numbers are new to me and the spreadsheet is confusing to see where they fit in. Any ideas, hopefully, where these springs fit in?

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Ok, thanks! Maybe its just me but it made more sense the old way. Of course, my objective is simple. Determining which Rubicon springs are the highest. It isn't made any easier when Jeep uses soooo many different numbering schemes. For example, these numbers for rear coil springs: 68253597AA and 68253592AA. These numbers are new to me and the spreadsheet is confusing to see where they fit in. Any ideas, hopefully, where these springs fit in?
I think you might be looking for this sheet. You can ignore the spring list sheet, as this was an attempt to document all available springs at the time (and to see if any patterns could be found).

I believe those are from a 2018, but I'm not sure the configuration of Jeep that came with these springs. Looks like they were paired with 68253663 & 68253664 front springs.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I like the new view. still struggling with why the normal 392 springs are so long. I want to see the free length for the diesel mopar lift springs to compare. hopefully I can find a set.

as fyi, the lengths of the 392 front springs are swapped from what I measured on the set I have. how did you get those measurements? I want to double check my work as yours matches what I would expect to see. (longer pass side)

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I like the new view. still struggling with why the normal 392 springs are so long. I want to see the free length for the diesel mopar lift springs to compare. hopefully I can find a set.

as fyi, the lengths of the 392 front springs are swapped from what I measured on the set I have. how did you get those measurements? I want to double check my work as yours matches what I would expect to see. (longer pass side)
Not sure where those numbers came from.

I wonder if they found it was better to go with a thicker wire with more wraps & longer free length to keep the spring bowing under control.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where those numbers came from.

I wonder if they found it was better to go with a thicker wire with more wraps & longer free length to keep the spring bowing under control.
No idea, but the 392 springs on my diesel Rubicon gave me right at 3" lift. much mire than expected but based on length of spring alone compared to aftermarket springs 3" is right.

I actually want 1" to 2" max, so hunt still on for a set.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
Maybe I'm being obtuse here, AnnDee, but it appears to me that your springs chart is lacking a number of possible 2-door Jeeps. I am not, however, assuming that any given 2-door Jeep has the exact same springs as its 4-door equivalent, but correct me if I am wrong in that assumption.

For example, I have a 2022 2-door Willys Sport, with hard top, manual transmission, tow package, and the 3.6 liter non-e-torque engine. Which springs do I have?

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Maybe I'm being obtuse here, AnnDee, but it appears to me that your springs chart is lacking a number of possible 2-door Jeeps. I am not, however, assuming that any given 2-door Jeep has the exact same springs as its 4-door equivalent, but correct me if I am wrong in that assumption.

For example, I have a 2022 2-door Willys Sport, with hard top, manual transmission, tow package, and the 3.6 liter non-e-torque engine. Which springs do I have?
That's not how this works. You tell me what springs you have, and I put them on the chart.

This is not a complete list and is purely based on data that I have been able to collect on this forum or by part number listings. @AllMoparParts.com has helped with a few also, and can give you spring part numbers based off of VIN.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
No idea, but the 392 springs on my diesel Rubicon gave me right at 3" lift. much mire than expected but based on length of spring alone compared to aftermarket springs 3" is right.

I actually want 1" to 2" max, so hunt still on for a set.
Did you happen to measure your shock eye-to-eye lengths? It's possible your diesel sits low, and the 392 springs ride high. Or maybe they were 392 XR springs.

The official numbers put your front weight at 2,636 pounds (which is more than the total weight of my daily driver). The front of a 392 is only supposed to be 120 pounds heavier than a 3.0... Another option could be 4xe or 2.0/3.6 Mopar lift springs, but honestly it's all just a guess.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
That's not how this works. You tell me what springs you have, and I put them on the chart.

This is not a complete list and is purely based on data that I have been able to collect on this forum or by part number listings. @AllMoparParts.com has helped with a few also, and can give you spring part numbers based off of VIN.
OK, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Did you happen to measure your shock eye-to-eye lengths? It's possible your diesel sits low, and the 392 springs ride high. Or maybe they were 392 XR springs.

The official numbers put your front weight at 2,636 pounds (which is more than the total weight of my daily driver). The front of a 392 is only supposed to be 120 pounds heavier than a 3.0... Another option could be 4xe or 2.0/3.6 Mopar lift springs, but honestly it's all just a guess.
They are regular 392 springs and shocks (fox), for sure not XR. I have all the springs, and even ordered extras so I could install same spring left and right as the diesel does not have different left vs right springs.

not a big deal, just odd how these things seem to be working.

STLJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Anyone know what the factor caster on a '22 Sahara JLU Diesel should be?

Reason I ask, is I had the Teraflex 2" Leveling/Lift kit put on (2" spacer front, 1.5" spacer rear). At the same time, installed the Mopar extended LCAs ) I sourced these, so I know they were the right units).

Post alignment, my caster is ~4.8-4.9 degrees. Just seems like it should have been higher with the extended LCAs (even with the marginal spacer lift that was installed).

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Anyone know what the factor caster on a '22 Sahara JLU Diesel should be?

Reason I ask, is I had the Teraflex 2" Leveling/Lift kit put on (2" spacer front, 1.5" spacer rear). At the same time, installed the Mopar extended LCAs ) I sourced these, so I know they were the right units).

Post alignment, my caster is ~4.8-4.9 degrees. Just seems like it should have been higher with the extended LCAs (even with the marginal spacer lift that was installed).

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
It is what it is, locked in by lengths. You are probably stock or better now.
Sponsored