Sponsored

Shipping New Wrangler due to purchase out of state

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone utilized the tread lightly discount to purchase in another state then shipped the Wrangler to the state in which you live?
Sponsored

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Most if not all people travel to the dealer where they ordered it to pick it up. Otherwise it becomes awkward. It can be done ... I once met a dealer on a new ordered vehicle halfway and a trade was involved so it's not impossible, it's just a little cumbersome these days. A dealer that is willing to cut that deep into their profit might not be up for arranging shipping and doing paperwork remotely. It might chew too far into the savings you're supposed to be enjoying ordering elsewhere.

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
I did it when I bought from Gupton. I was planning on flying out and driving it back to California, but it arrived much sooner than I was planning. I got a whole bunch of quotes and then picked the best one. It wasn't awkward at all. I sent them the check in the mail and then sent them the transit info as well. I think going to a high volume dealer like Gupton helps because they're so accustomed to it

OP
OP
Enlightened_One

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
I did it when I bought from Gupton. I was planning on flying out and driving it back to California, but it arrived much sooner than I was planning. I got a whole bunch of quotes and then picked the best one. It wasn't awkward at all. I sent them the check in the mail and then sent them the transit info as well. I think going to a high volume dealer like Gupton helps because they're so accustomed to it
Thanks! Josh at Marion in NC is another option I’m considering. I figure as long as I’m responsive and meet deadlines things should work. About how much can I expect to spend on shipping? I’m in San Antonio Texas.

OP
OP
Enlightened_One

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Most if not all people travel to the dealer where they ordered it to pick it up. Otherwise it becomes awkward. It can be done ... I once met a dealer on a new ordered vehicle halfway and a trade was involved so it's not impossible, it's just a little cumbersome these days. A dealer that is willing to cut that deep into their profit might not be up for arranging shipping and doing paperwork remotely. It might chew too far into the savings you're supposed to be enjoying ordering elsewhere.
Thanks for the tip, just seeing what options I have. I live in San Antonio Texas and I’ll purchase in Tennessee or NC

Sponsored

Mitch@OurismanClarksville

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone utilized the tread lightly discount to purchase in another state then shipped the Wrangler to the state in which you live?
We do this all the time at my dealership. We are in Clarksville MD and have customer's fly in from all over.

OP
OP
Enlightened_One

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
We do this all the time at my dealership. We are in Clarksville MD and have customer's fly in from all over.
My plan is to complete the purchase remotely and then have the Wrangler shipped to me. What dealership are you at? I’m in San Antonio Texas

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
I’m from Houston and I ordered from mark JCDR which is about 2.5 hours away. They will drive within 250 miles to you for free otherwise you’ll pay for flatbread shipping which I did. I didn’t want anyone driving my new jeep much less thinking how they were driving it. The dealer ask how much you want to spend, they recommended around 200-300, and they would put it up for bid. I got someone within 24 hours for $250. I figure the expense of getting my wife to drive her Honda Pilot to take me there then drive back while using the gas in my new jeep offsets like half the $250 which isn’t bad at all.

Mitch@OurismanClarksville

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My plan is to complete the purchase remotely and then have the Wrangler shipped to me. What dealership are you at? I’m in San Antonio Texas

That is pretty easy, the hardest now is just shipping. Sometimes we have cars picked up to be shipped within 3 days sometimes over a week. Ourisman Clarksville MD

OP
OP
Enlightened_One

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
I’m from Houston and I ordered from mark JCDR which is about 2.5 hours away. They will drive within 250 miles to you for free otherwise you’ll pay for flatbread shipping which I did. I didn’t want anyone driving my new jeep much less thinking how they were driving it. The dealer ask how much you want to spend, they recommended around 200-300, and they would put it up for bid. I got someone within 24 hours for $250. I figure the expense of getting my wife to drive her Honda Pilot to take me there then drive back while using the gas in my new jeep offsets like half the $250 which isn’t bad at all.
Thanks for the info - what dealer is JCDR?

Sponsored

Rubi4xE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry XSE (totaled)
I saw that you were in SA. Did none of the dealerships accept tread lightly in the location?

OP
OP
Enlightened_One

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
What dealership is that?

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
What dealership is that?
Mark Dodge. I ordered from them with the Jeep shipped to AZ and they were amazingly efficient. Since you're in TX and even closer, it's a no brainer to order from them. Email Sandi [email protected] and get a quote.
Sponsored