First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Question for the DV8 Crew

i ordered a Rear bumper for myJLUR (RBJL-01) from Quadratec. First one, the UPS guy had me inspect it while it was still on the truck. Corners were damaged and the bumper was sticking out from one corner. The finish was worn off. I refused the shipment and back it went to Quadratec. Replacement came. Same issue. Replacement for the replacement came(3rd bumper) same issue and finish damaged.
I never accepted delivery of any of the items.

I have told Quadratec to refund my money on the bumper as I can't trust their stock has having an unmolested bumper.
Quadratec is blaiming DV8 for crappy boxing.
I don't care whose fault it is. I just want a bumper with good finish on it. I did notice though that the bumpers don't appear wrapped in the same protective cover as the DV8 windshield light bar bracket. Why is that?

Any idea where I can get a bumper and tire carrier that wont be damaged on arrival?
I want your product but if this happens again I will be looking at a different brand of bumper.

I attached pictures of some of the damage.

20190311_143501.jpg

20190311_143505.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mecha

Mecha

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We are very sorry to hear this. We'll send you a PM and try to get this double packaged for you so this doesn't happen again.

-Alex
Replied to your PM.
one bumper damaged ok I can see that. I went through 3 delivery attempts and all 3 were damaged. Reason I asked DV8 about their boxes was Quadratec blamed them from bad packaging. Also, when I asked for a sacrificial box placed around the DV8 box Quadratec told me now after I told them the 2nd bumper came damaged.

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, 2018 JLUR (Black), 2018 JLUR (Red)
I apologize about your bumpers! We do pack the bumpers with expanding foam and a 200lb test box to keep it as safe as possible. However, sometimes the shipping companies give our packages a good beating which is likely what happened in your case. Since you stated it happened twice, I would assume that the second package went through the same shipping terminals as the first, and they are not handling them with any sort of care. This damage was not a result of Quadratec and was out of their ability to prevent it from happening, but was a result of the shipping company and I hope that this does not deter you from running our product in the future. We cannot stop these type of situations from happening 100% of the time, but we do work closely with all of our customers and vendors to get them resolved in a timely manner. For you, we are working directly with Quadratec to prevent this from happening again, but feel free to reach out to us via DM any time if you have any questions and we are happy to help!

DV8 Team

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
They must have it fixed .. My bumper , guard & light brackets were packed very well!! Just sucks that everything requires a signature of someone older then 21.. :mad:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mecha

Mecha

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize about your bumpers! We do pack the bumpers with expanding foam and a 200lb test box to keep it as safe as possible. However, sometimes the shipping companies give our packages a good beating which is likely what happened in your case. Since you stated it happened twice, I would assume that the second package went through the same shipping terminals as the first, and they are not handling them with any sort of care. This damage was not a result of Quadratec and was out of their ability to prevent it from happening, but was a result of the shipping company and I hope that this does not deter you from running our product in the future. We cannot stop these type of situations from happening 100% of the time, but we do work closely with all of our customers and vendors to get them resolved in a timely manner. For you, we are working directly with Quadratec to prevent this from happening again, but feel free to reach out to us via DM any time if you have any questions and we are happy to help!

DV8 Team
It happened a 3rd time from order from Quardratec.

Made an order for a rear bumper, Front bumper and Tire carrier from JEGS that are being drop shipped from your factory in Cali.
I ordered them on Sunday I hope they ship soon.

OP
OP
Mecha

Mecha

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
They must have it fixed .. My bumper , guard & light brackets were packed very well!! Just sucks that everything requires a signature of someone older then 21.. :mad:
I wish that was the case.

2nd bumper I caught UPS walking off with no signature and I brought him back when I saw the damage. 3rd I refused right away.
Quadratec says they can't require a signature for the product until it ships. I have to call them and make them tell UPS to require a signature.
Their words not mine. All seems odd. I went with a different vendor that is drop shipping the product from DV8.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Yeah drop ships from DV8 requires a signature
Sponsored