Sponsored

Shipping insanity

tsyj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2021 JLR
I ordered 5 tires last week, and the website said that they'll ship same day if ordered within 2 hours (or something in that neighborhood) This was on a Wednesday.

Nothing Thursday

And finally on Friday around Noon I get an email that said "At this time, we have been unable to verify some of the billing information with your credit card company. Until we can provide the bank with the correct name billing address for the card, we can not get authorization to ship the merchandise."

So I call them to see what's up. C.S. said that my billing ZIP code didn't match my CC company. I asked him to verify what he had, and it was correct. This is the same billing address that I've had for 19 years. He said oh, we need the phone number to your CC company to call them and verify. I gave him the phone number off the back of my Discover card and he said I would see an update by end of day.

End of day Friday I get the same e-mail that says they are unable to verify the information.....Same e-mail on Saturday and one again at 9:00am this morning. I call them around 9:30est and talk to C.S. and tell him that I called Friday and gave them all the information that they needed, and he said that the phone number I gave him didn't work. Mind you this is on a Discover card, not some local bank, etc. So I give him the number again and he asks if there's any other phone numbers on the card, and I say yes, there's one for out of the Country if you want that, and he said give me that one as well.

So I give him that number as well and he said that they do the morning credit processing around 10:30 and I should get my confirmation after that. I asked him if he was certain, and he said yes. 2:00pm comes around and still no word so I call them again and get the same runaround about the processing deal and to call back about 4:30 and it WILL be taken care of. Well, I call back at 4:30 and get the rudest guy I've ever talked to, so that definitely didn't help set the tone of this phone call.

I asked if my order was processed yet because I was told it would be around 11, and then before end of day. He said it hasn't been processed yet, and they hope to get to it tomorrow.

I came home and cancelled my order and ordered better tires, cheaper, from their competition.

I know in business there's issues here and there, but I spend $8 to $10k a month on that Discover card and I can't tell you the last time I had such an issue getting an order through. The fact that they'd keep telling me that my order will be processed at a certain time, and that time comes with no resolution really put a sour taste in my mouth.

I never get on forums and write stuff like this, but this time I had to. Thank God there's so many other Jeep parts stores out there to choose from.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tsyj

tsyj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2021 JLR
Deleted