First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Why do dealers think they have to put that shiny crap on new Jeeps or for that matter any new vehicle? I can’t stand that stuff. The first dirt road you hit and poof, the tires look 20 yrs old. That’s one of the first things I do when I get a new vehicle, wash off that crap.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
The better question is, why would the customer not say anything despite knowing this is common procedure?

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
I wouldn't mind a dealer using tire shine if they properly applied a quality product instead of hosing everything down with cheap garbage that slings everywhere :headbang:

Jeep Wrangler JL Shiny Tires from Dealer Rant dnWlfkI

Jeep Wrangler JL Shiny Tires from Dealer Rant T4sYjOe

Jeep Wrangler JL Shiny Tires from Dealer Rant Q1VQPzG

Jeep Wrangler JL Shiny Tires from Dealer Rant tIY1Kxx

This was a full gallon when I started cleaning it off :facepalm:

m9yJEvD.jpg

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I thought it was just me haha! I can't stand that stuff. I always make sure to tell them NO when buying a vehicle. It is a real pet peeve of mine. collects dust, and if they go nuts with it (like they did on one of my wife's vehicle that we forgot to mention it) it gets flung all over the nice new paint and trim. :mad:

That and I always request no dealer stickers, I payed you plenty, I don't need to give free advertising on top of it.

Last edited:

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I wouldn't mind a dealer using tire shine if they properly applied a quality product instead of hosing everything down with cheap garbage that slings everywhere :headbang:
Jeep Wrangler JL Shiny Tires from Dealer Rant m9yJEvD
I understand the tire shine product slinging over the bumpers and the fenders but I'm trying to figure out how it would get on the inside of the tailgate?

Driving without the top on? 🤔

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
I understand the tire shine product slinging over the bumpers and the fenders but I'm trying to figure out how it would get on the inside of the tailgate?

Driving without the top on? 🤔
By the time I had the doors off and freedom panels out everything that was going to sling had already slung. Only thing I could think of was that they had the tailgate open when they were spraying it on the spare tire.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
By the time I had the doors off and freedom panels out everything that was going to sling had already slung. Only thing I could think of was that they had the tailgate open when they were spraying it on the spare tire.
Whoa!! What dealer do you all go to get your Wranglers serviced?

Mall Crawlers Jeep R Us?? :LOL::facepalm:

JK

Last edited:

Sponsored

RandyMarion CDJR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Randymarionjeepram.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Jeep Wrangler 4xe, Subaru Crosstrek
We apply that stuff & honestly I have to say, Im right here with you folks! Its not necessarily a cheap product at all (far cheaper for us im sure than if purchased at a store somewhere) but it is very menacing to have it on your tires & hit a dirt road. The two simply dont combine well at all and the result is well, lackluster lol.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Tire shine. That stuff looks like shit. Tires aren’t supposed to shine or look wet. Do not use it on you fenders unless you want them to turn grey in a few years.

If you want your tires to look black, put the tire “shine” on hot tires right before you wash it. Then you will have nice black tires afterward.

Years ago I worked at a tire shop. The 2 things I absolutely hated working on were greasy “shined” tires and tires with Fix-a-Flat in them.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Tire shine. That stuff looks like shit. Tires aren’t supposed to shine or look wet. Do not use it on you fenders unless you want them to turn grey in a few years.

If you want your tires to look black, put the tire “shine” on hot tires right before you wash it. Then you will have nice black tires afterward.

Years ago I worked at a tire shop. The 2 things I absolutely hated working on were greasy “shined” tires and tires with Fix-a-Flat in them.
I've been using it on plastics for years and have never had any go grey at all. That's from UV and most (some?) Tore shine products protect from that as well. At the absolute worst, you should be doing a Back to Black product on your plastics a few times a year as well, moreso if you live closer to the sun.
Sponsored