First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Has anyone used the wheel decals from Shine Graffix to black out their stock wheels? Or any similar vinyl wheel decals?

Thanks
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Has anyone used the wheel decals from Shine Graffix to black out their stock wheels? Or any similar vinyl wheel decals?

Thanks
I did ...they took all of an hour to apply and look great. Have had them on now for a year through the winter and they still look great.

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4466.jpeg

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I did ...they took all of an hour to apply and look great. Have had them on now for a year through the winter and they still look great.

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4466.jpeg
Good. I went ahead and got them also. So far so good!

IMG_20210706_074926002_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Sponsored

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
How difficult was the install of the decals, did u have to remove your wheels? Any tips much appreciated… Your Rubi looks great! 👍🏽
Install was super easy!! 1st... make sure the wheels are clean and give them a quick clean over area being covered with alcohol to remove any residue of grease etc.....You just have to take your time and line them up with equal amount of overhang on each spoke(for lack of a better word) but yes they are easy, be patient and go over each one multiple times after applying. I used a soft cloth and just made sure that the overhang(back side of adhesive) was grabbing and sticking. I made sure after applying to next wheel I went back again and smoothed the last one I did to make sure they were contouring to the edges...which they do! but because they are flat and you are applying to a 3 dimensional wheel they will want to return to the original shape, 2 dimensional flat (meaning the edges will want to raise). One other word of advise is try to do these when you get a warm day it will help ease the stretching and/or manipulation of the vinyl. Gl ...they do transform the look and when you want they can always be removed.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Sorry I didn't completely answer your question, no you do not need to remove the wheels! I sat in my driveway and zenned out one wheel to the next and was surprised how fast it went. After completing the first one the rest go faster.:handsinair:

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
I put these stickers on and wouldnt recommend it. Install is more tedious than I liked and the stickers got messed up in one spot while having my wheels balanced and rotated at discount tire. Honestly you’ll be better off finding a set of willys rims for $4-500.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Sorry I didn't completely answer your question, no you do not need to remove the wheels! I sat in my driveway and zenned out one wheel to the next and was surprised how fast it went. After completing the first one the rest go faster.:handsinair:
Awesome, thanks so much for replying. You have been a great help!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I probably over informed you....lol they are really easy ! just enjoy the process they really transform the wheels.
Sponsored