Sponsored

Shifting Problem - Rubicon Didn't move

reddjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
hey...weird thing just happened. backing out of my driveway...1/2 way into the street and don't exactly remember what or why it happened...but the jeep seemed to be in neutral and the R on the shifter was blinking. i moved it D and the D was blinking. again...jeep wouldn't move...engine reved but wouldn't move. turned engine off...back on...same thing. ran into house to get trusty phone with google while the jeep was in the middle of the street (don't want to be dramatic....it wasn't a public street...just a street in community)....came back...started her up and it worked. phew...but i have no idea what caused it. there was a message on the center screen that said auto park engaged? again..no clue.

any help or guidance?
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
hey...weird thing just happened. backing out of my driveway...1/2 way into the street and don't exactly remember what or why it happened...but the jeep seemed to be in neutral and the R on the shifter was blinking. i moved it D and the D was blinking. again...jeep wouldn't move...engine reved but wouldn't move. turned engine off...back on...same thing. ran into house to get trusty phone with google while the jeep was in the middle of the street (don't want to be dramatic....it wasn't a public street...just a street in community)....came back...started her up and it worked. phew...but i have no idea what caused it. there was a message on the center screen that said auto park engaged? again..no clue.

any help or guidance?
Your driver's door was ajar... not completely closed and your seat belt was not connected. The "auto park" feature kicked in. That blinking light is normal when it is in auto park.

OP
OP

reddjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
Ok...thanks. glad it's a brain fart problem on my part.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Yep.. happened to me to.. twice before I figured it out
Sponsored