First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
Are shift points directly linked to what speed the car is reading? So if dont reprogram for 35s this will get affected?

20180511_225911-01.jpeg

20180520_190915-01.jpeg
Sponsored

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Up shift points are decided by the computer based on engine load (throttle position) and RPM for the most part.

Down shifts have more to do with speed but the variance with 35s isn't enough to make a difference.

Your speedo will be a little inaccurate but the trans should be fine.

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
Up shift points are decided by the computer based on engine load (throttle position) and RPM for the most part.

Down shifts have more to do with speed but the variance with 35s isn't enough to make a difference.

Your speedo will be a little inaccurate but the trans should be fine.

Good to know,. Thanks

I dont want to spend extra money just to correct the 6% speed difference in the gauges

Archer60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2018 JLUR
Are shift points directly linked to what speed the car is reading? So if dont reprogram for 35s this will get affected?

20180511_225911-01.jpeg

20180520_190915-01.jpeg
I've had 35's on now for 2 weeks and haven't noticed any difference at all. Will have comp flashed for speedo correction eventually but tranny shifting quite nicely. (What bumper is that....looks great!)

OP
OP
mlotero

mlotero

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Sr IT Manager
I've had 35's on now for 2 weeks and haven't noticed any difference at all. Will have comp flashed for speedo correction eventually but tranny shifting quite nicely. (What bumper is that....looks great!)
Thanks!

Barricade trail force hd

Sponsored

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL unlimited
I have to disagree, I have 35’s Nitto ridge grapplers and noticed that the shift points are off.

First highway driving its very rare now that I hit 8th gear . I have been manually shifting lately just to compensate.

I was expecting a drop in MPG but now due to lack of shifting into a higher gear I’m getting around 14- 15 mpg around town a significant drop from the 25 mpg average I was getting . I was expecting a drop but I see the RPMs are always in high 2k range and not shifting to next gear as constant as the stock tires again as expected.

Just my observations. Not sure flashing for speedo correction, will help or not.

2018 JLU Sport White
17” Method matte black
3” Fabtech lift
35” Nitto Ridge Graplers
Build link
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/project-jilly’s-white-jlu.7655/

Archer60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2018 JLUR
I have to disagree, I have 35’s Nitto ridge grapplers and noticed that the shift points are off.

First highway driving its very rare now that I hit 8th gear . I have been manually shifting lately just to compensate.

I was expecting a drop in MPG but now due to lack of shifting into a higher gear I’m getting around 14- 15 mpg around town a significant drop from the 25 mpg average I was getting . I was expecting a drop but I see the RPMs are always in high 2k range and not shifting to next gear as constant as the stock tires again as expected.

Just my observations. Not sure flashing for speedo correction, will help or not.

2018 JLU Sport White
17” Method matte black
3” Fabtech lift
35” Nitto Ridge Graplers
Build link
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/project-jilly’s-white-jlu.7655/
Just drove from LV to St. George, Utah and back.....approx 250mi round trip and averaged 20.2.....no issue with shifting, was in 8th once I got up to speed (70-75). Still will have it flashed when I get around to it. BTW, my BFG A/T's are 34.3" diameter,

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just drove from LV to St. George, Utah and back.....approx 250mi round trip and averaged 20.2.....no issue with shifting, was in 8th once I got up to speed (70-75). Still will have it flashed when I get around to it. BTW, my BFG A/T's are 34.3" diameter,
Good to know I have yet to do a long sustained drive. I do have a trip to LV planned from So Cal in a month maybe I'll take the jeep to see how it plays out.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have 35’s and drive it daily 35 miles each way most the day on freeway. My shift points are fine and I am getting in to 8th regularly. I am in a Rubicon, so I have different differential gearing though, that might be a big difference for some of us.

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 35’s and drive it daily 35 miles each way most the day on freeway. My shift points are fine and I am getting in to 8th regularly. I am in a Rubicon, so I have different differential gearing though, that might be a big difference for some of us.
Hmm hadn’t thought of that, the difference between the sport and the rubicon gearing
Maybe that’s why I see a difference than most on here with the Rubi

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I had the dealer flash mine. I noticed that prior it would never go into 8th any more and after it would use it occasionally.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I felt my shift points were off a bit as well once I put 35s on my JLUR as well. I know that the odometer and my gas mileage calculations were off...roughly 14 mpg before recal of the speedo and about 17 mpg once it was done. All seems to be fine now...or at least I'm more comfortable with it now than before. Overall, mine rides and drives really nice.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I could feel the difference in the shifting going from stock to 315/70 KO2's (Which are barely larger). It is there but not significant. Adjusted the speedo and it's back to normal.
Sponsored