Sponsored

Shift on the Fly Tuning, Tire Calibration, and Throttle Sensitivity Booster Now Shipping

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Pardon this ignorant but serious question. If a product like this is capable of increasing performance, is it also possible to keep the mall crawler's performance no less, and increase fuel economy?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Those HP and torque numbers are nice. Was this tested on a manual or automatic transmission??

Looking forward to seeing someone here test this out.
Good question. I am confident the testing was on an auto. Manual drivers would obviously get less benefits (not shifting with the cruise control buttons), but can a manual driver still benefit from the same or similar gains to HP and Torque?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Can you explain in what way the WHP was corrected? I have a hard time believing a stock JL was putting down 270whp.
Agreed. Something is off.

They're saying that the stock Jeep put down 320 ft. lbs. of torque, before the tune. Just by running on their dyno you get a 35 ft. lb. increase in torque and no measurable drive-train loss.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Agreed. Something is off.

They're saying that the stock Jeep put down 320 ft. lbs. of torque, before the tune. Just by running on their dyno you get a 35 ft. lb. increase in torque and no measurable drive-train loss.
Yet another company coming on here messing with dyno charts and expecting people to not know what they mean.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Those HP and torque numbers are nice. Was this tested on a manual or automatic transmission??

Looking forward to seeing someone here test this out.
I have one, the tow performance is a very noticeable difference, they use different logic than tazer for the tire pressure warning and no front/rear setting (at least on my early version).

Doubt its a suppported idea to use a tazer with it, but with the tazer connected it may disconnect sway bar changing power settings on the fly,

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I have one, the tow performance is a very noticeable difference, they use different logic than tazer for the tire pressure warning and no front/rear setting (at least on my early version).

Doubt its a suppported idea to use a tazer with it, but with the tazer connected it may disconnect sway bar changing power settings on the fly,
Nice! Did you try the performance booster option that adds 30 more horses? If so can you feel more pep?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Nice! Did you try the performance booster option that adds 30 more horses? If so can you feel more pep?
I don’t run premium fuel so I just used the tow option which has enough extra torque to feel and use higher gears than normal.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Per usual, when the questions get tough and technical, Superchips suddenly becomes AWOL. Believe me, the community WANTS to love and support this product, but we have legitimate questions. Looks almost to good to be true for now. Hopefully Superchips chimes in and answers them. Give us a reason to approve this product, and we will purchase.....in droves!

Last edited:

TexasJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Does this leave footprints, if removed before service, beyond battery disconnect? Like parameters out of threshold, etc.?

Sponsored

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Something doesn't add up. Note the date on the bottom. 2/14/18. Unless this has been in the works that long ago. Is this graph for a different motor?
Good catch :)
I noticed yesterday that we had the wrong dyno sheet posted here. Our apologies ;)

The correct dyno sheet is attached. This one is from an Auto. We also tested a manual and found similar gains, but the dyno sheet is not as pretty to look at.

These numbers are inline with what I think most would expect from a 3.6 JL.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
While this looks impressive I have my doubts. Peak HP for the Pentastar is at 6400 rpms, take a look at that dyno run it was cut off at 5500-5600 rpms. Stock numbers for the Jeep 3.6 is 285 hp & 6400 rpms. Looking at the Dyno run the HP curve starts to take a dive after 4800 rpms, I would expect HP to climb all the way to the peak at 6400 rpms. If we assume a 15% drivetrain loss then we would expect to see ~240 hp to the rear wheels.
The torque curve looks like it peaks at the correct location (4400-4600 rpms) however the max numbers seem high. Peak torque should be 260-270.
The correct dyno sheet has been added to the original post ;)