She smacks the mailbox into tomorrow.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My girlfriend backed into my brother's grand cherokee the other day. She has a backup camera, sensors which enable beeping the whole "safety" package. Also my brothers vehicle was parked on the other side of the driveway not directly behind her car. I don't know how she managed to do that, thankfully no damage was done as she was going probably 1/4 mph lol.

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
I think your wife and my wife may be sisters.... Marie would absolutely ignore what she ran into the garage or outside and later text me to check on "it"! Many times she traded paint with the stucco surround on the garage entry. House was $15 to fix, her vehicles on the other hand were $1500 or more... Sheesh.
Of course there is always the hood ornament I had in Alaska coming back from hiking and a big grizzly draped across the still warm hood sound asleep:blush:

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Nope… But I reminded of a story my grandpa use to tell me where every weekend he would get his mailbox smashed by some local teens like clock work. Getting tired of it, he eventually filled the box with concrete. The next night he heard this loud smack and scream. Problem was permanently solved going forward. He had that broken bat over his work bench for as long as I could remember…

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Scrapes down the back of the 4R from the garage door when she “Almost” had it in, dent in fender from the basketball pole, can’t figure out how she managed that one. After washing his 64 Impala a friend’s wet foot slipped from the brakes to the throttle and went through the back brick wall of the garage at WOT, Very Expensive Slip 🙁

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
This reminds me of the time I woke up for work, and look out the picture window in our bedroom and wake up my wife,
Me: "Did you put your handbrake up last night?" (it's a manual)
Wife: "Yes of course, I always do."
Me: "Well then why is your car in the creek?"

Ya she got really lucky, only real damage was from the door hitting a stump on it's un-piloted journey down to our creek. She double/triple checks her handbrake now. Other than this one incident, she's a fantastic driver, and this was just a simple mistake. Hell I've gotten out of my f150 because I was distracted and it was still in drive with ignition off and it started to roll.
This is why I never trust the handbrake. Always park in gear. Always.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wife is a nurse and left home this morning at 6AM, in the dark, with her JL aptly named "Fiona". See my avatar. She claimed she "didn't see it in the backup camera", but she backed into the black blow-molded mailbox and cue-balled that thing it into the street along with any caution or care.

I awoke to an 8AM text: "Can you go get the mailbox?"

I have a few loose Takata airbags and thinking of mounting to my other Jeep's front bumper for it's protection.

Anyone here do things to protect their property from other JL drivers?
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a Mojito JL weaving down the street...

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
It could be worse

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I don't know. I'll see your mail box and raise you the largest truck you're likely to see on the street. Anya backed into our neighbors truck in the Gladiator. Broke the tail light and dented the tailgate. Didn't hurt his truck.

Women can't drive man. Just think of all the fun you can have reminding her about hitting the mail box like... Hey hon... did you get the mail today? No? Was the mail box still upright? I hope your couch is comfy.

Jeep Wrangler JL She smacks the mailbox into tomorrow. 1666817767157
I like the 28” drop hitch on there

danh

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
My first wife walked between our two trucks, one parked in front of the other. Got into the one in front and immediately backed it into the one behind. I'm like WTH? She claims she didn't see the one behind even though she had to squeeze her stupid ass between them on the way to the one in front.

Fitzy1

First Name
Fitzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon 2022
I got the mail box beat.... my wife drove over my ( at the time ) 15 year old yellow lab in her Rav4. Poor dog was just chilling in front of the car happy sunbathing and then i here a weird like dragging noise. and we look and some how the dog was Right in the middle of the engine area. She never made a sound, no yelp bark or whine. I looked under the car as my wife is screaming that cry of oh my god what did i do. Damn Dog looks at me like WT* happen. i push the front of the car up with one arm and pull the dog out... all 85 lbs of her she pops up and limps to my wife and gives her a big ol kiss like why you crying mom i'm ok... Took the dog to the vet and got x-rays and a once over. She even up just having a silver dollar sized chunk of skin missing. Got a couple stiches and went home. I like to remind my wife one or twice a year about it so we can laugh about such a crappy accident. dog lived until she was 18 so i wont complain
great story :)