Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome build! Did you have to reinforce the top for the Smittybilt Overlander XL Gen2 Rooftop tent?
Nope, the deezee rack was rated for 180lb dynamic and 600lb static load as long as you spread the Smittybilt XL tent across 3 or more cross bars. If you look closely I ordered an additional front section and reused the cross bars so that there are 4 in the rear and 2 in the front section. Out of the total 6 cross bars, the Smittybilt tent rests on 5 of them (yes its a very big tent) and bolted on at 3x2=6 places

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
First trail run - stock:

Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread C38E6CB1-C43A-4D47-B6A5-5093EC4BD853

Mid-way through the build:

[1]Before lift , [2] After lift and still on 33s
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread C38E6CB1-C43A-4D47-B6A5-5093EC4BD853

Current state:

Mods List:

Wheels and TiresWheel: 17x8 +30 - Black Rhino Warlord - Gunmetal Gray
Tires: LT315/70R17 BFG KO2 C-Rated
Powertrain, Gears, Lockers4.56 Nitro Gears
ARB Front and Rear Lockers (RD100, RD245)
Suspension, Lift@Clayton Off Road 1.5" Springs (Front and Rear)
FOX IFP 2.0 Shocks 2-3" (Front and Rear)
@JKS Manufacturing J-Flex Adjustable Front LCA
@TeraFlex Jounce bump stops - from 1.5" ST/1 kit
@Metalcloak Front and Rear Adjustable Trackbars
@apexdesignsusa (Vendor) AutoLynx Sway bar disconnects
SteerSmarts YETI HD Tie Rod
SteerSmarts YETI HD Drag Link
SteerSmarts Sector Shaft Brace
RecoverySmittybilt X20 Gen3 12K Winch
Rugged Ridge Premium Recovery Kit
ARB Single Compressor
Thor lightning systems - 4 tire air-up kit
Exterior ModsDee Zee Hex Roof Rack
Smittybilt Overlander XL Gen2 Rooftop tent
Mopar Performance Rock Rails
Rugged Ridge Venator Front Bumper
Mopar Steel Rear Bumper
Mopar tailgate reinforcement and spare tire relocation bracket
Auxbeam 3" amber flood light
Auxbeam 4" combo spot beam light
Interior ModsEcoFlow River Pro
@Lasfit JL Aux Switch Panel - for lockers, compressor
Tazer Mini
Trailgater table with pull-out cutting board
JL Cargo Rack/Shelf
Milwaukee Packout Drawer and Organizer
Voswitch Front dash camera panel with 3x 1" Ram ball mounts
Hood Decal - @pixeldecals
@Hothead Headliners Full kit Headliner
You running wheel spacers? I liked how tucked the wheels are, also you got rubicon fenders?

Sponsored

Sponsored

CoolJ

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread IMG_8842
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread Johnson 1

2.5" Teraflex ST2 lift kit w/ Falcon SP2

2.1's and 17" Fuel Variant's wrapped with

35" Nitto Recon Grapplers

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You running wheel spacers? I liked how tucked the wheels are, also you got rubicon fenders?
I am not running spacers, my wheels are 17x8 +30 offset hence a 315 tire tucks in completely including the sidewall inside the fender + fender extensions.

without boring you much with details. A 17x8 +30 and 17x8.5 +25 wheel puts a Sport/Sahara on the same track width as a stock Rubicon (just enough to account for the extra 0.75" of axle width on each side). With this setup the clearance to inner suspension is same as Rubicon (if you still have sport fender, fender clearance will be less though)

I don't have Rubicon fenders, still running the body color Sahara fenders. I retrofit the rubicon xr fender flare extensions onto my Sahara. Front is easy with additional rivet holes, rear needs some pressure release cuts and heat gun to bend to shape. See thread - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ons-jlreconflareext.89538/page-2#post-2258180

Btw, I do plan to install 1.25" spacers soon (Mammoth 1.25" hub centric spacer). I am doing this to widen the track width to the same width as what I would have had with 17x8.5 +0 offset wheels. The gained track width will put the roll center and CG back to near-stock (if you lift, the CG and roll center movves up). I have felt queasy off camber when I run roof top tent (compared to pre-lift) so I am hoping this will help a bit.
Track width / CG calculation thread - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...reduce-rollover-risk-for-lifted-jeeps.101905/

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
Purchased July 22' JLURD and has gone through several changes trying to chase that setup that I need. Went from stock to 37s on Methods, to 37s on KMC beadlocks, to 40's on other KMC beadlocks, down to 38s, and tomorrow switching to other 38s. Suspension, steering, accessories, lighting, etc.

Stock the night I purchased
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread 20220702_204652

Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread 20220702_204701

Methods on 37s, spacer lift (temporary), trailrax/accessories, Teraflex HD carrier, sliders
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread 20220807_190826

Swapped to KMC beadlocks, bumpers, lighting
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread 20220910_115514

Swapped to 40s on other KMC beadlocks, upgraded steering components, fenders gutted/liners
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread 20230114_091822

Went to 38" Milestar Patagonia M/T-02, swapped around some accessories / first aid and fire/tire stuff. Swapped headlights to Diode Dynamics
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread FB_IMG_1684895900073

Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread FB_IMG_1684896114834

Next up tomorrow will be swapping to 38s with Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS

EDIT - XS is installed.....
Jeep Wrangler JL Share your stock Jeep vs. your Jeep post mods ☺️✌️ -- Before & After thread 20230603_115832
Sponsored

Last edited: