Sponsored

Share your experience with the 3.6 and 40s

jtjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hoping to hear from those who have made the jump to 40s and tons - how bad was the loss of power when pulling grades in the mountains.

I am currently on 37s, with 5:13... my rig is very heavy, but the power is still adequate. Debating if I go to tons & 40s now, or wait until I have the money to motorswap it at the same time.

Thanks!
Sponsored

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I'm running 40s with Fusion 60s w/5:38 gear. Seems to be adequate thus far. However, my JLU is bare bones, no power windows, door locks, soft top, aluminum bumpers, manual so its on the lighter side.

OP
OP
jtjk

jtjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running 40s with Fusion 60s w/5:38 gear. Seems to be adequate thus far. However, my JLU is bare bones, no power windows, door locks, soft top, aluminum bumpers, manual so its on the lighter side.
Thanks. That is what is worrying me... the guy who put my long arm on called my JL the hea
Thanks

That is my worry with mine... im told my JL is substantially heavier than most. It is part of the reason i am looking at 60s

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks. That is what is worrying me... the guy who put my long arm on called my JL the hea

Thanks

That is my worry with mine... im told my JL is substantially heavier than most. It is part of the reason i am looking at 60s
I’d look at something a little beefier than a 60rear then if your running a heavier rig. Most don’t really consider a 60rear to be a true ‘1ton’ (they put them in f150’s…) and if you spending 6-8k on a semi float 60 you may as well step up to something beefier with almost no real trade offs.

I have a set of fusion axles in production right now (elite60 & 80) for my heavy JLUR. 3.6 and 8sp here, after driving a few friends rigs and such locally I decided on 5.38’s for my 40’s as well

OP
OP
jtjk

jtjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d look at something a little beefier than a 60rear then if your running a heavier rig. Most don’t really consider a 60rear to be a true ‘1ton’ (they put them in f150’s…) and if you spending 6-8k on a semi float 60 you may as well step up to something beefier with almost no real trade offs.

I have a set of fusion axles in production right now (elite60 & 80) for my heavy JLUR. 3.6 and 8sp here, after driving a few friends rigs and such locally I decided on 5.38’s for my 40’s as well
That is a great combo. please post up how it runs once you have it bolted up.

I have been kicking around the idea of the 80 in the rear.. especially because i do plan to motor swap in a few years. The Spicer 60s are just such an easy option

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link