OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Quick update.

Made it home!

The jeep is stumbling at idle still. No changes to the CEL, stayed on but never flashed. This jeep has only been through 6 or 7 tanks of gas. Started with about 1/3 tank before the trip (filled to fill) down to under 1/4 (filled to full) and then 1/4 + 4 gallons when we got back into town.

Parked in the driveway and the stumbling got BAD again. Open my door and holy cow the jeep was trying to shake the door off. Revved it a bit, it hesitated for a few seconds/struggled a bit.... Then back to normal. Until it idled for a few more seconds. When it's bad, it's almost like the washing machine is off balance. It just feels violent

Not much more to say at this point but my wife and I have noticed a really shaky idle before at stop lights. It always went away quickly so I think whatever is causing this has been an issue since I got the car, and not something like some bad gas.

Now I wait for the dealers to open.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Quick update.

Made it home!

The jeep is stumbling at idle still. No changes to the CEL, stayed on but never flashed. This jeep has only been through 6 or 7 tanks of gas. Started with about 1/3 tank before the trip (filled to fill) down to under 1/4 (filled to full) and then 1/4 + 4 gallons when we got back into town.

Parked in the driveway and the stumbling got BAD again. Open my door and holy cow the jeep was trying to shake the door off. Revved it a bit, it hesitated for a few seconds/struggled a bit.... Then back to normal. Until it idled for a few more seconds. When it's bad, it's almost like the washing machine is off balance. It just feels violent

Not much more to say at this point but my wife and I have noticed a really shaky idle before at stop lights. It always went away quickly so I think whatever is causing this has been an issue since I got the car, and not something like some bad gas.

Now I wait for the dealers to open.
Flash is almost always misfire.

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
^ This is my assumption right now too.

@JeepCares this car will be going in to my dealer tomorrow to get the ball rolling. Really hoping for a smooth process but I'm really worried about my car and the process ahead. I'd like to reach out and document the process with someone other than just my dealership.

The warranty is there for a reason. But I've never needed it other than for the *peace of mind*. Very disappointed that the car I ordered is giving me problems 2 months into its life with under 2,000 miles on it. My daily is an EV, and this car is purely for taking road trips, fun drives and vacations. After my first vacation got ruined, I'm not sure I'll ever trust this car to get me out of town again šŸ˜”

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1982 CJ7, 2018 WK
Occupation
Retired Navy
I hear you brother!! My vacation went to crap last week as I eluded to earlier in this thread and spent several thousand dollars trying to salvage what I could. I put mine on a car hauler yesterday and towed it back 10 hours last night and got home at 0330 this morning. Now Iā€™m taking mine in first thing in the morning to the dealer and mentally preparing to go to war with FCA even though itā€™s under warranty. I gotta ventā€¦itā€™s sickening how much we spend to purchase our Jeeps and this is the crap we get. I waited for years sold many of my custom vehicles to help save up as well as worked many over time days to help save up to buy mine. What kind of crap tactic Quality Assurance is thereā€¦NONE. Unbelievable!!!!! I would say more but my retired military mouth will make folks cringe as Iā€™m not political by any means and say what I want. I do hope they get you squared away and your not waiting for the end times.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
So I got the call from my dealer. They said they tested the 02 sensors and got bad readings. @JeepCares - they mentioned they've seen 4-5
22 wranglers in the last several weeks with the same symptoms. The other cars haven't come back in (yet) after having the 02 sensors replaced.

Theory is that the bad 02 sensors sent a lean signal, causing the ecu to compensate with extra fuel. The jerkiness at idle was caused by too much fuel at low rpm... So the engine was just struggling to stay awake... In theory. Also might explain the 16mpg I got on the highway, when before I was seeing around 21. Should probably ask them to inspect the cat after putting 600 miles on it running rich.

Hopefully this is the end of this saga. Sensors weren't in stock, but I should have the car back tomorrow or Wednesday depending on when they show up.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^ This is my assumption right now too.

@JeepCares this car will be going in to my dealer tomorrow to get the ball rolling. Really hoping for a smooth process but I'm really worried about my car and the process ahead. I'd like to reach out and document the process with someone other than just my dealership.

The warranty is there for a reason. But I've never needed it other than for the *peace of mind*. Very disappointed that the car I ordered is giving me problems 2 months into its life with under 2,000 miles on it. My daily is an EV, and this car is purely for taking road trips, fun drives and vacations. After my first vacation got ruined, I'm not sure I'll ever trust this car to get me out of town again šŸ˜”
Thanks for the tag. If you need support while at the dealership, send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Picked up the jeep this morning. Drove OK on the way home. Time will tell. Put less than 10 miles on it with the new o2 sensors.

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Back in the shop. Made it 30 miles before the CEL returned.

I thought the engine was going to blow on my way to the dealer. Had 0 guts with foot to the floor and the engine sounded like a subaru (but in a bad way)

1,800 miles on the car. @JeepCares I'll take my money back please. Dealer said it's throwing the same code + a misfire code (which was missing last time for some reason). They want to replace the cat but I mean....

Clock is ticking on the lemon law rules. But I'll be spending the night checking trade in values. Hopefully prices on used cars haven't fallen too much. I can't keep this POS if it won't drive. It's too new for this shit. I've only had it for like 6 weeks.

Pretty shitty after the 3 month or so wait after I configured and ordered this jeep šŸ˜”

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
UNREAL BROTHER!!! šŸ¤¬ :headbang:Iā€™d be fuming for sure, as you know mine from previously input on this thread had similar issues with misfiring CELā€™s and my engine called it done 10 hours from home. Have had my Jeep less then a year. Ive been following your outcome. I hope someone steps up from JeepCares and handles this appropriately for you!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
^has jeep gotten you a new engine on the way yet?

Their initial thought process made sense to me. But it's still broken... I just don't have time for this shit on a 2 month old car. This jeeps gotta go. Next camping trip is in like 2 or 3 weeks, going to have to cancel. Canceled three trips earlier this year because I had to order the car and wait for it...

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Iā€™m going into the dealership tomorrow morning to discuss that very fact. One fellow on here has waited 42 days for a new engine and was told there is no ETA for one.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Iā€™m going to give the dealership the benefit of doubt, see what Iā€™m up against, how customer service treats me and see where this ends up. :fingerscrossed: Before any of thisšŸ¤¬

OP
OP

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
^ I didn't care to write them down. Same one as before (system lean) + misfire. They think replacing the cats will fix it but I'm certain it won't. They think they're melted, causing a physical blockage. If that's the case, my issue would show itself constantly. Right now the engine does smooth out and calm down. This shows itself in random fits.

@slowcrawlerZJ hope they get you taken care of man.
Sponsored