Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
First let me start this off with I am a capitalist and I have no issues with dealer mark ups as long as they are honest and up front about it. I recently started looking for a 392 as my original order was delayed so I cancelled it. (BIG MISTAKE) So I started reaching out to my local dealerships. Well the one in the picture has a 2021 392 advertised for $77150.00 but when I contacted them they had the balls to say the price that was advertised unfortunately was incorrect because the manufacture had charged them a little more than expected. So I inquired how much was the adjustment and these MF`rs with a straight face said 109.995.00 .

Screenshot_20220111-214317.png
Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Try Firkins in Bradenton. They sold me one without any ridiculous ā€œmarket adjustmentsā€. I wonā€™t say how much I spent on mine, but my fully loaded 392XR with half doors and all the options cost less than 100k. Now be clear, if you want that fully loaded 392XR with half doors and all the options youā€™ll pay around 90k out the door. If you donā€™t want XR and half doors that will knock down the price significantly even more, by about 8k.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
And somebodyā€™ll buy itā€¦.a fool and his moneyšŸ˜

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
The manufacturer charged them more?!?! I did well at Fitzgeralds in Countryside with my '19 JLUR.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I can see the dealer brain thrust having a meeting.

General Manager: Iā€™m not letting this 392 go for anything less than $110,000. I need to pay for my wifeā€™s new kitchen!
Sales Manager: Okay. Letā€™s list the 392 at MSRP to generate calls. Then, when we get an interested buyer, we will tell them that the advertised price was a printing error; the actual price is $110,000.
General Manager: Arenā€™t customers going to get upset?
Sales Manager: Nah. They donā€™t know any better.
General Manager: You sure? I need to pay for that kitchen, you know...
Sales Manager: Sure. Okay, if anyone asks any questions, we will just say that Stellantis charged us more money for the vehicle. They wonā€™t be able to tell one way or another anyway.
General Manager: Love it! Letā€™s do it. No wonder you are the brains around here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shadiest dealer false advertising on 392 pricing 1642006933752

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I believe there are laws against False Advertisements.
A friend of mine had this happen. She went to the dealership, with the Advertisement, that had the partial VIN# in it. They pointed it out, on the dealer lot, and said, due to a mistake in printing, and added costs, it would be $8,000-$9,000 more.
She threatened to sue them, and have the District Attny look into their practices. They told her to pound sand, until she showed her business card. She is a lawyer, with the Government. Well, they clicked their heels, got the Manager, and sold her the car, at the listed price.
When dealerships start playing games, I tell them, they have one freebee, to talk with their manager, after that, I walk out. I usually get their best offers, as I am walking out the door.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
First let me start this off with I am a capitalist and I have no issues with dealer mark ups as long as they are honest and up front about it. I recently started looking for a 392 as my original order was delayed so I cancelled it. (BIG MISTAKE) So I started reaching out to my local dealerships. Well the one in the picture has a 2021 392 advertised for $77150.00 but when I contacted them they had the balls to say the price that was advertised unfortunately was incorrect because the manufacture had charged them a little more than expected. So I inquired how much was the adjustment and these MF`rs with a straight face said 109.995.00 .

Screenshot_20220111-214317.png
Pretty despicable.
Looks like Autotrader?? I called ahead when I found my Rubicon (not a 392). I wanted to make sure the price was right as they were $6k cheaper than the next one and 8 hours away from me.
They assured me it was correct, and took a deposit over the phone to hold it until the weekend. It's worth driving for the right dealer, especially when you're spending this kind of money.
There are 317 of these 392s on dealer lots right now, over a dozen at that price.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I laughed when I saw this post...

First, they got some huge ballz to try and pull that with the advertising! That's insane, and illegal - especially to that extent. There's "sneaky" and then there's "outright criminal." This was the latter.

Second, I live in New England now, but I used to live down in Tampa, and I actually bought my previous Jeep (a new 2014 Cherokee) from them... had to haggle the crap out of them to get the fair price I wanted. Got multiple prices from different dealers, haggled with the salesman over 4 days...They finally caved at 6:00pm on the last day of the month! LOL never again...
Sponsored