First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Finally got around to installing my dead pedal by Seven Sparta from Amazon https://amzn.to/2H9ur3x

Overall it’s beefy and easy to install. What made it easy is the bracket that holds it to JL has a stick adhesive to hold it in place. I honestly don’t see how you could do it without it. Pics below.

002B3FC7-3CE9-4B4E-9F08-864541E7A908.jpeg

FEB13032-BEDD-4FE2-AF98-AAD01AE42C41.jpeg

You can see here why you need adhesive to hold the bracket below while you place dead pedal and screw it in. I didn’t take updated pic, but instructions say to use holes closest to firewall, so I shift them over.
13748942-3539-4918-813F-D4AAFABD3303.jpeg

D7409152-C4F1-4F14-8C6F-2CB74311D14E.jpeg
Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I installed one a couple of weeks ago. The double stick tape wasn't holding; so I held it in place, until I could clamp it all together with small vice grips. I could then get the nuts and washer on without worrying about anything moving.

I agree: it's nice and "beefy", especially for $25.

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Does it make driving more comfortable? I was also thinking about getting the seat extender brackets because long drives are painful to my legs and back..

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Does it make driving more comfortable? I was also thinking about getting the seat extender brackets because long drives are painful to my legs and back..
I hope so. Like you I drive long distance, 40 min each way to work and it’s uncomfortable. I just installed it today. I also need to angle back the seat as it sits too level.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
So how does it sound??? I guess I better explain myself. Being a percussionist/drummer, the dead pedal has always been my bass/kick drum! Even though when I play my drum set, my left foot works the hi-hat cymbals. I can get some amazing syncopated rhythms using just my left foot on the floor and right hand on the console. Anybody else here relate to this? So, how does it sound?

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So... I’m guessing this isn’t an option for us standard folks? I’m away from my jeep right now but I seem to remember not much footwell space with that third pedal in the way.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So... I’m guessing this isn’t an option for us standard folks? I’m away from my jeep right now but I seem to remember not much footwell space with that third pedal in the way.
I have it right up against the firewall (it has three heights). It puts my foot at a much better angle than flat on the floor or not supported with my toes pointed up. It doesn't really take up any footwell space that way. Pretty much the way many cars have a raised area for the driver's left foot.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So how does it sound??? I guess I better explain myself. Being a percussionist/drummer, the dead pedal has always been my bass/kick drum! Even though when I play my drum set, my left foot works the hi-hat cymbals. I can get some amazing syncopated rhythms using just my left foot on the floor and right hand on the console. Anybody else here relate to this? So, how does it sound?
I don’t hear mine, lol, I do however feel the music through it. I like a lot of base and when I got the alpine cranked up I can feel it in the pedal.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
I don’t hear mine, lol, I do however feel the music through it. I like a lot of base and when I got the alpine cranked up I can feel it in the pedal.
LOL so this morning was my first drive and that was first thing I noticed. You feel the bass come through it LOL.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Yeah, I agree...I was looking into getting that but there really isn't much room for a fourth pedal!

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Big time air drummer here. My fave sound is clicking the center console latch. I have this dead pedal too. Sound is ok, but my passengers would rather I just stop. I think they're just jealous of my skillzzzz!!!

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Big time air drummer here. My fave sound is clicking the center console latch. I have this dead pedal too. Sound is ok, but my passengers would rather I just stop. I think they're just jealous of my skillzzzz!!!
THIS! The center console latch makes for some nice instrumentals

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Thought I was the only one who did this.. ;)

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Thought I was the only one who did this.. ;)
I first started clicking the spring loaded center console latch in my commuter car, a 2011 Toyota Rav4.

You cannot believe the delight I had when I realized my 2018 JLUR had one as well!!! I'm a regular Keith Moon on the road!
Sponsored