Setup for Wife’s DD/Weekend Trail Warrior

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Alright guys and gals, I know this is newb as hell, but I could really use some recommendations for this setup.
I’ve finally got my wife away from German sedans. We have a 21 JLURe on order. I drive a full-size truck for work, and until we go to a third car again (a lot of resistance since my unreliable hot rodded track BMW) I’m stuck with this being my “fun” car.
So what I need is a reliable Jeep, accessible by my 5’ nothing wife, that can take on Uwharrie but still be reasonable for her commmute that includes interstate on ramps (about 20 miles). Beyond that, I’ve got boss $$ approval required apparently, so RSE drop steps and 5k lifts aren’t options.
Initial thoughts:
1.5” TerrafLex spacer
Mopar LCAs
Mopar Bumps
Terraflex Shock Extensions
35x12.50R17 KO2s (should I run AM wheels or squeeze on the puny 7.5s?). White sidewalls are a priority.
Bumpers, apparently the winch should be visable as in on top of the bumper, am I good with Stubbys in this application?
I need a step to replace the rubi rails, but one that actually protects. No “holes” that could break a heel”. At a loss for this,
Is there some body protection I’m forgetting? She’ll want to be the primary off road driver with no experience.
TIA
Sponsored

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Alright guys and gals, I know this is newb as hell, but I could really use some recommendations for this setup.
I’ve finally got my wife away from German sedans. We have a 21 JLURe on order. I drive a full-size truck for work, and until we go to a third car again (a lot of resistance since my unreliable hot rodded track BMW) I’m stuck with this being my “fun” car.
So what I need is a reliable Jeep, accessible by my 5’ nothing wife, that can take on Uwharrie but still be reasonable for her commmute that includes interstate on ramps (about 20 miles). Beyond that, I’ve got boss $$ approval required apparently, so RSE drop steps and 5k lifts aren’t options.
Initial thoughts:
1.5” TerrafLex spacer
Mopar LCAs
Mopar Bumps
Terraflex Shock Extensions
35x12.50R17 KO2s (should I run AM wheels or squeeze on the puny 7.5s?). White sidewalls are a priority.
Bumpers, apparently the winch should be visable as in on top of the bumper, am I good with Stubbys in this application?
I need a step to replace the rubi rails, but one that actually protects. No “holes” that could break a heel”. At a loss for this,
Is there some body protection I’m forgetting? She’ll want to be the primary off road driver with no experience.
TIA
I just ordered a JLUR, and I have the exact same build in mind as you, aside from getting fuel covert wheels, from my research
it’ll drive just as good as stock, but you should upgrade the wheel width if you’re going with those tires even though you can squeeze them on the stock rims it’s not good for tire wear when you stretch them, which is why they recommend the wider wheels, and if you’re talking about the molar steel bumpers the winch goes almost behind the bumper, but I’m sure you could find a way to mount it on top and the stubbies will do just fine, as far as body protection that depends on how intense the off-roading you plan on

korda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 1970 CJ, 1962 Scout
I did 315/70/17s on the factory wheels. Teraflex 1.5” spacers, Teraflex bumpstops, longer Fox shocks, the mopar LCA’s from their 2” lift. I also did the Motobilt rockers because I have a habit of smashing those factory style rails into the body. Also did the Artec full belly and am glad I did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just to clarify, it’s not about saving up for mods, it’s the I could get how many Golden Gooses thing. And fuck those ugly ass shoes.

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I did 315/70/17s on the factory wheels. Teraflex 1.5” spacers, Teraflex bumpstops, longer Fox shocks, the mopar LCA’s from their 2” lift. I also did the Motobilt rockers because I have a habit of smashing those factory style rails into the body. Also did the Artec full belly and am glad I did.
The motobklt are just rocker armor, definitely need a step? I like the idea of C loads for her. Iirc the raptor 315s are just black sidewall?

korda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The motobklt are just rocker armor, definitely need a step? I like the idea of C loads for her. Iirc the raptor 315s are just black sidewall?
I did Cooper STT Pro for mine. The Motobilt rails do have a step, probably 3-4” wide. That was also part of the reason I wanted to upgrade the factory rails. Better to pivot on with them sticking out a bit.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Something like the dv8 or ARB (better) steps are flat
Jeep Wrangler JL Setup for Wife’s DD/Weekend Trail Warrior 2735DF75-18E0-47F5-858E-7753CAA87A8A

I like your plan, similar to my plan for the wife’s JLU😂. Maybe some diff/LCA skids?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Guaranteed she will bust her... :lipssealed: hiney with the slick steps don't know if pushing budget but check out rock slide engineering steps. Smooth on top, and drop step is covered in grip tape but still solid. Its really for her safety so can't compromise right.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You lost me at “reliable Jeep.”

korda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guaranteed she will bust her... :lipssealed: hiney with the slick steps don't know if pushing budget but check out rock slide engineering steps. Smooth on top, and drop step is covered in grip tape but still solid. Its really for her safety so can't compromise right.
I was worried about that but it hasn't been an issue for me. Of course, it doesn't rain or snow here. I did buy a roll of grip tape and I haven't had a reason to put it on yet.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
For a DD go with the teraflex ST3. It’s an all in one basic lift kit that works great for daily driving and occasional wheeling. There’s no maintenance to perform on the lift and does not require an alignment after it’s done. And it drives just like stock if not better. And if you get a deal you can scoop one up for about 15-1600.

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Alright, Jeep's finally built and about to ship, so here's where I am so far.

Nobody has a 4xe specific kit that works right now, and the Mopar one is netting less than an inch of lift, so I've got the following here or on the way:
1. Teraflex 1.5" "Performance" Spacer Lift (2" front, 1.5" rear)
2. Mopar Lift LCAs, Sways, Bumps
3. Teraflex 2" Shock Extensions

Raceline Clutch Wheels 17x8.5 +18
35x12.50R17 BFG KO2
RC Tailgate Reinforcement

Grabbed a Tazer during the Refurb sale

I think we'll end up going with the Amp steps. She's hesitant to pick one until the truck gets here, but there's no way she'll be okay getting in this everyday without steps. Just sucks I'll loose rock rails doing this.

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just ordered Rugged Ridge HD front and rear bumpers. Winch and steps/sliders left.

@Morris4x4 hellova deal and in stock!
Sponsored

Last edited: