Sponsored

Setting TPMS, Tire Size, and Gear Ratio "Permanently"?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

PumpkinMeatloaf

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Punk'n Edition

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@PumpkinMeatloaf - And take a screenshot of the JSCAN license info and save it .
Do you know if you can use JSCAN on two devices with one vehicle? In other words, can I use my iPad and my iPhone? Would probably be easier on my old eyes to use my iPad for this. If not I may just use iPad if that's an option since I will only use this once or twice in my life probably, but who knows?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if you can use JSCAN on two devices with one vehicle? In other words, can I use my iPad and my iPhone? Would probably be easier on my old eyes to use my iPad for this. If not I may just use iPad if that's an option since I will only use this once or twice in my life probably, but who knows?
I think that you can. The license seems to be tied to the vehicle VIN and not the device.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@CarbonSteel
@Chupacabra

Snipe:
Do you know if you can use JSCAN on two devices with one vehicle? In other words, can I use my iPad and my iPhone?

In regard to JSCAN and your JL .....You can use the JSCAN app on more then one device ... with your single Vin# .

Set up the JSCAN app on one device in regard to your Vin... so your Vin is registered and JSCAN is all set for use with that/your JL..

Now, Open JSCAN, go to Settings >Manage Licenses & Account > Status.. now, there, you will see the purchased and used licenses and also an Account Token that is 6 characters in length and surrounded by an yellow block/button of color .. IMPORTANT: You want to note this token.. write it down.... Why .... because this is your only identifier.

Anyone using JSCAN that has registered a Vin# with JSCAN should... Keep a record of the TOKEN for that vehicle in regard to JSCAN.
IF you were to lose your device, this will save you a lot of headaches... you won't have to reach out to JSCAN, in Poland.

Using this Token, you can type this token into any device (JSCAN app)

On your new device, go to the Settings >Manage Licenses & Account > Status and tap the yellow block/Token button (when tapped it should say “Add”)... now type the Token in. Now, tap the refresh icon and/or restart the JSCAN app.. You should now be all set to use JSCAN on that device on your JL.

You can use it on both Android and iOS. If the you have any issues with this process, contact JSCAN via chat, who will help you retrieve the mentioned Token.

Trivia.... JSCAN switched to this token / identifier approach in 2020.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@CarbonSteel
@Chupacabra

Snipe:

In regard to JSCAN and your JL .....You can use the JSCAN app on more then one device ... with your single Vin# .

Set up the JSCAN app on one device in regard to your Vin... so your Vin is registered and JSCAN is all set for use with that/your JL..

Now, Open JSCAN, go to Settings >Manage Licenses & Account > Status.. now, there, you will see the purchased and used licenses and also an Account Token that is 6 characters in length and surrounded by an yellow block/button of color .. IMPORTANT: You want to note this token.. write it down.... Why .... because this is your only identifier.

Anyone using JSCAN that has registered a Vin# with JSCAN should... Keep a record of the TOKEN for that vehicle in regard to JSCAN.
IF you were to lose your device, this will save you a lot of headaches... you won't have to reach out to JSCAN, in Poland.

Using this Token, you can type this token into any device (JSCAN app)

On your new device, go to the Settings >Manage Licenses & Account > Status and tap the yellow block/Token button (when tapped it should say “Add”)... now type the Token in. Now, tap the refresh icon and/or restart the JSCAN app.. You should now be all set to use JSCAN on that device on your JL.

You can use it on both Android and iOS. If the you have any issues with this process, contact JSCAN via chat, who will help you retrieve the mentioned Token.

Trivia.... JSCAN switched to this token / identifier approach in 2020.

Thanks @Rhinebeck01 - this is what I thought I remembered. Multiple devices, but only 1 vehicle.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
Has anyone come across the issue where the ECRI SGW is installed, but JScan says the SGW is not bypassed? I’m using the OBDLinkMX+ and it connects just fine, but the app won’t let me do anything with that error on top. Please let me know! Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
Sorry for the necro bump but I have a question about using Jscan to make changes to vehicle settings. I purchased the OBDLink MX+ as recommended here as well as the 8+12 chrysler cable. I did not order an ECRI SGW (links in this thread to it say it's no longer available). Instead of plugging into the OBD port I was assuming that I would plug the OBDLink MX+ into the chrysler cable....is that correct? And then unplug the OBDLink MX+ and chrysler cable when done.

I also have a Tazer, which I'm going to unmarry before I make any changes using JSCAN, and I also have the extension cables. So after I make all of my changes using JSCAN I will need to unplug the OBDLink MX+ and chrysler cable, and then I'll be able to re-marry the Tazer to get the live features back and won't have to change any vehicle settings using the Tazer because they will already be in place when I use Jscan...right?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Sorry for the necro bump but I have a question about using Jscan to make changes to vehicle settings. I purchased the OBDLink MX+ as recommended here as well as the 8+12 chrysler cable. I did not order an ECRI SGW (links in this thread to it say it's no longer available). Instead of plugging into the OBD port I was assuming that I would plug the OBDLink MX+ into the chrysler cable....is that correct? And then unplug the OBDLink MX+ and chrysler cable when done.

I also have a Tazer, which I'm going to unmarry before I make any changes using JSCAN, and I also have the extension cables. So after I make all of my changes using JSCAN I will need to unplug the OBDLink MX+ and chrysler cable, and then I'll be able to re-marry the Tazer to get the live features back and won't have to change any vehicle settings using the Tazer because they will already be in place when I use Jscan...right?
Yes the OBDlink plugs into the Chrysler cables. The Chrysler cables should be plugged into the two SGW cable you need to disconnect from behind an up of the OBD port. Once you set anything with the JScan you won't have to change those settings again unless you want to. If you are like me and only change settings once in a blue moon the cables are probably ok. If you are going to change settings often I suggest getting the ECRI module as it will make life much easier as it relates to having to mess with the SGW wires.

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
Yes the OBDlink plugs into the Chrysler cables. The Chrysler cables should be plugged into the two SGW cable you need to disconnect from behind an up of the OBD port. Once you set anything with the JScan you won't have to change those settings again unless you want to. If you are like me and only change settings once in a blue moon the cables are probably ok. If you are going to change settings often I suggest getting the ECRI module as it will make life much easier as it relates to having to mess with the SGW wires.

Actually I'll be reinstalling the Tazer and marrying it again after I change what I want to change with Jscan, because I'll be using it for the pin lock and the start-stop features, plus a couple others. I have the extension cable from Z automotive as well. Thanks for answering both of my questions, much appreciated.

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
Actually I'll be reinstalling the Tazer and marrying it again after I change what I want to change with Jscan, because I'll be using it for the pin lock and the start-stop features, plus a couple others. I have the extension cable from Z automotive as well. Thanks for answering both of my questions, much appreciated.
Which Tazer do you have?
Sponsored