Sponsored

Setting TPMS, Tire Size, and Gear Ratio "Permanently"?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I unmarried the Tazer this morning and did 3 full reboots including turning off ignition, opening the driver door, then waiting for the dash to turn off--just to be sure that all was returned to factory settings. I then connected the ECRI module in its place as well as the OBDLink MX+ module, started JSCAN and confirmed that all settings were back to factory (they were).

After that, I made my changes and had all of them completed with 20 minutes (including the reboots). I re-confirmed that all of the settings were live and have now removed the ECRI module (though there is no harm in leaving it connected--I am not concerned about someone "hacking" my Jeep) and plugged the SGW wiring into the Tazer extension cables. Very nice not to have anything under the dash and the settings are "resident" in the PCM versus the Tazer.

For those interested, here are the settings that I used in JSCAN (turn signal, fog light, and weather alert settings are courtesy of @Rhinebeck01):

Jeep Wrangler JL Setting TPMS, Tire Size, and Gear Ratio "Permanently"? 1642013124228
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put about 40 miles on it since the conversion from Tazer to JSCAN. It has been perfect in every way and zero issues. Very happy with the outcome.

RickC137

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUL 3.6/Auto
Grinch, the changes you made in post #31 are exactly what I need. Since the thread is long and scattered, can you summarize in list format the exact hardware and software you purchased, with Amazon links if possible. It seems like ECRI security bypass, OBDlink LX OBD2, and a JScan subscription? But NOT the Chrysler cables?

Thanks.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Grinch, the changes you made in post #31 are exactly what I need. Since the thread is long and scattered, can you summarize in list format the exact hardware and software you purchased, with Amazon links if possible. It seems like ECRI security bypass, OBDlink LX OBD2, and a JScan subscription? But NOT the Chrysler cables?

Thanks.
@RickC137 - here you go (aside from the JSCAN license):

OBDLink MX+ - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6

ECRI SGW Bypass - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DLB6VH6

Tazer Extension Cables (not absolutely needed, but definitely makes it easer) - https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

PS...you do not need the Chrysler cables, nor would I recommend using them.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@CarbonSteel

I reached out to the companies Customer Service Dept. after hearing you received a storage case with your OBDLink MX+ and I did not.... 8-(

The rep that responded via email said..... that in mid 2021, they changed packaging and added/starting including the storage case...

@CarbonSteel

Replying to my own post and to you....

OBD Solutions, LLC , the company that offers the OBDLink MX+ OBDll Bluetooth Scanner, did me a solid and at no cost to me, sent me one of the small cases that you received with your scanner. That case was not part of the "kit" when I purchased my OBDLink MX+ ayear ago..

Anyway, got the case today and Geeeez, the little padded, zipper case is real nice!

Thanks OBDll Solutions, LLC and and thanks to you @CarbonSteel for mentioning the case in your earlier posts.

-Did you know that the highly regarded, OBDLink MX+ , is supposedly the fastest OBDll Bluetooth Scanner around... -

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
With a value of 35 my 'indicated' speed was actually higher than my 'true' speed. Not by a lot, but just enough to be annoying.
I had the same result with 315/70R17 tires. The thing that annoyed me most was that if the speedo indicated going a little faster than reality, that meant my odometer was ticking off more miles than reality. I fiddled with the tire size while comparing against a GPS speedometer, until I arrived at the best number. 35.25" in my case. This number seems a little low in comparison to my measurements with a tape measure, but it was definitely the most accurate.

I remember back when I started on a 386 Sx 16 PC with 2 MB of memory and a 80Mb HD and had a 3.5 and 5.25 floppy drives and no CD and logged on to various BBS’s....
Music to my ears. The first PC I bought for myself was an AMD 386DX-40. No idea how much RAM, but it had a gigantic 100 MB hard disk, SVGA, and an original first generation Sound Blaster card. It wasn't my first computer, just the first one I bought for myself. Pieced together out of the pages of Computer Shopper.

Fast forward about 30 years. I just bought a Core i9 12-900KF, water cooled and overclocked 25%, with 32 GB RAM and a 2 TB SSD that has a 7000 MB/s read speed. This thing is utterly insane.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Music to my ears. The first PC I bought for myself was an AMD 386DX-40. No idea how much RAM, but it had a gigantic 100 MB hard disk, SVGA, and an original first generation Sound Blaster card. It wasn't my first computer, just the first one I bought for myself. Pieced together out of the pages of Computer Shopper.

Fast forward about 30 years. I just bought a Core i9 12-900KF, water cooled and overclocked 25%, with 32 GB RAM and a 2 TB SSD that has a 7000 MB/s read speed. This thing is utterly insane.
LOL - I did the same, but the first one for me was a Pentium 60, 4MB RAM, 500MB HD. It was about $2,200 and for the next 5-10 years the price was always the same, but the components would be faster/larger.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
What are these "Weather Alerts" everyone wants to disable? Maybe a US thing? I have never seen anything relating to weather on my 8.4 except an app I don't open.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What are these "Weather Alerts" everyone wants to disable? Maybe a US thing? I have never seen anything relating to weather on my 8.4 except an app I don't open.
Could be a US thing, it basically tells you when there are weather related events in your area (as you might expect), but they are more than annoying and continue to pop up long after you acknowledge them.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Could be a US thing, it basically tells you when there are weather related events in your area (as you might expect), but they are more than annoying and continue to pop up long after you acknowledge them.
Must be. Never had it come up. And I am currently at a temp where F° and C° meet. Lol. That would definitely merit an alert I assume. Lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Must be. Never had it come up. And I am currently at a temp where F° and C° meet. Lol. That would definitely merit an alert I assume. Lol.
It is tied to the Sirius service and I am not sure how that works outside of the US.

DrJ

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I unmarried the Tazer this morning and did 3 full reboots including turning off ignition, opening the driver door, then waiting for the dash to turn off--just to be sure that all was returned to factory settings. I then connected the ECRI module in its place as well as the OBDLink MX+ module, started JSCAN and confirmed that all settings were back to factory (they were).

After that, I made my changes and had all of them completed with 20 minutes (including the reboots). I re-confirmed that all of the settings were live and have now removed the ECRI module (though there is no harm in leaving it connected--I am not concerned about someone "hacking" my Jeep) and plugged the SGW wiring into the Tazer extension cables. Very nice not to have anything under the dash and the settings are "resident" in the PCM versus the Tazer.

For those interested, here are the settings that I used in JSCAN (turn signal, fog light, and weather alert settings are courtesy of @Rhinebeck01):

Jeep Wrangler JL Setting TPMS, Tire Size, and Gear Ratio "Permanently"? 1642013124228
I can’t figure out where the OBDLink gets connected when the ECRI bypass is connected… would you please explain this?

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
At least on the 8.4" uConnect radio, it is a text-based screen that pops-up when your vehicle finds itself inside the boundary of a severe weather warning polygon from the National Weather Service. This is similar to what happens with severe weather warnings on your cell phone or your television. Unlike the cell phone, I don't believe you can disable it. (I'm happy to be shown otherwise.)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
At least on the 8.4" uConnect radio, it is a text-based screen that pops-up when your vehicle finds itself inside the boundary of a severe weather warning polygon from the National Weather Service. This is similar to what happens with severe weather warnings on your cell phone or your television. Unlike the cell phone, I don't believe you can disable it. (I'm happy to be shown otherwise.)
You can disable it with JScan and Tazer or just by being Canadian. ;)

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
You can disable it with JScan and Tazer or just by being Canadian. ;)
I've got both! I don't remember coming across it in the Tazer, but Jscan... where do they hide that? 😄
Sponsored