Sponsored

Setting TPMS, Tire Size, and Gear Ratio "Permanently"?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t figure out where the OBDLink gets connected when the ECRI bypass is connected… would you please explain this?
The OBDLink plugs into the ODB port under the left side of the dash (near the kick panel)--see photo below. The ECRI plugs into the SGW wires to "override" the security so that you can write to the ECM in the Jeep.

Let me know if not clear, I am happy to help.

superchips-trailcal-on-your-wrangler1.png
Sponsored

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
LOL - I did the same, but the first one for me was a Pentium 60, 4MB RAM, 500MB HD. It was about $2,200 and for the next 5-10 years the price was always the same, but the components would be faster/larger.
Ya'll were so much more advanced than me - my first PC was an 8088 running at 4.77mhz. I could overclock it a little using a CB crystal but then had issues with it reading a floppy. Had to add an external 10Mb hard drive that came in another PC case.

DrJ

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The OBDLink plugs into the ODB port under the left side of the dash (near the kick panel)--see photo below. The ECRI plugs into the SGW wires to "override" the security so that you can write to the ECM in the Jeep.

Let me know if not clear, I am happy to help.

Jeep Wrangler JL Setting TPMS, Tire Size, and Gear Ratio "Permanently"? superchips-trailcal-on-your-wrangler1
Gotcha… I thought pulling the SGW wires disconnected that port! I’ve been using the Chrysler bypass wire and plugging OBDLink directly into that.

Thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@RickC137 - here you go (aside from the JSCAN license):

OBDLink MX+ - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6

ECRI SGW Bypass - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DLB6VH6

Tazer Extension Cables (not absolutely needed, but definitely makes it easer) - https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

PS...you do not need the Chrysler cables, nor would I recommend using them.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.
So to be clear, if I order these things (I already have the Tazer extension cable), that would be enough to use JSCAN successfully? I have a Tazer JL Mini that I've never used so far, because I'm hesitant about the marrying/unmarrying, and all I really want to do is set a few non-live features. I just want to set my TPMS threshold, change some lighting options, and maybe adjust for tire size on next tire purchase.

I'm sure I can sell the Tazer and cover the cost of the above items, but just want to be sure I'm getting the best pieces to support the JSCAN software.

Thanks!

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Ya'll were so much more advanced than me - my first PC was an 8088 running at 4.77mhz. I could overclock it a little using a CB crystal but then had issues with it reading a floppy. Had to add an external 10Mb hard drive that came in another PC case.
Grandpa, thanks for triggering my PTSD. I paid an extra $200 for peripheral 20mb memory for my MacIntosh. God I wish I had that Apple back. :(

BTW, love my ECRI. Has something about steering pump recalibration too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So to be clear, if I order these things (I already have the Tazer extension cable), that would be enough to use JSCAN successfully? I have a Tazer JL Mini that I've never used so far, because I'm hesitant about the marrying/unmarrying, and all I really want to do is set a few non-live features. I just want to set my TPMS threshold, change some lighting options, and maybe adjust for tire size on next tire purchase.

I'm sure I can sell the Tazer and cover the cost of the above items, but just want to be sure I'm getting the best pieces to support the JSCAN software.

Thanks!
Yes, correct. You also need the JSCAN license. My Tazer Mini sold locally for more than enough to cover the costs of the above.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy