Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I like that bag, but $135 for a bag is past my thoughts on what I'd pay for it, by a few times over.
I know the bag is pretty expensive but man it's nice. I like it that it is made by a mom and pops shop in the US and they are hand made--the zippers are smooth as butter. I always hate having to fiddle with zippers and I have no issue with any of the zippers on this bag. the inner bags are sturdy and strong. It's expensive but I reckon it will be useful for years to come... We will see.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
General question: are there any SAE size fasteners anywhere on our JLs? I'm piecing together a trail kit and just looking to minimize the quantity of tools to carry.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
General question: are there any SAE size fasteners anywhere on our JLs? I'm piecing together a trail kit and just looking to minimize the quantity of tools to carry.
+1 I personally only own metric tools and have been wondering the same thing. I've seen aftermarket stuff that has a mix of metric and sae. I just scratch my head.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
Not to my knowledge, but's very common for aftermarket companies to use SAE hardware.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Not to my knowledge, but's very common for aftermarket companies to use SAE hardware.
Yeah that drives me nuts, the Jeep is metric but everything you add is SAE,that’s why you need a good mix of both.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah that drives me nuts, the Jeep is metric but everything you add is SAE,that’s why you need a good mix of both.
I'm about as old school as they get, but you'd think almost 50 years after automakers started to "move towards metric", everyone would be on the same page.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Another vote for Tekton hand tools. I have a full set of Snap-On from when I wrenched but I really don't feel comfortable leaving $10k (might be slightly exaggerating...) worth of sockets and wrenches in my truck so I bought a full set of Tekton. I figured they would just be the trail kit but I honestly use them for everything since the tool roll is always in the truck. Very high quality stuff for the price.
I have the same philosophy: Really good stuff in the garage and cheaper but reliable stuff for the necessities to take on the road.

I like browsing at Harbor Freight for cheaper stuff.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Tools are important, this is our EDC.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a couple rollaways full of tools, having collected them over decades. I have my father's old top chest from when he worked at Flying Tigers at LAX on top of my old Snap-On rollaway from when I was a machinist and my larger Craftsman rollaway and top chest purchased about 10 years ago. There's a mix of stuff from Snap-On, Proto, Mac, Craftsman, and even a few Chinese things. I only had one metric end wrench set and figure another for the road is in order, since vehicles are all metric these days.

After reading all the posts here about the satisfaction with Tekton tools, I started looking at them on Amazon and put a metric end wrench set into our list for later. The wife was ordering and just put it in her order. It was the 15 piece metric end wrench set with the pouch. I'm impressed with the apparent quality. The consistent wall thickness around the box end is good and finish is great. They look like they hold their own against a Snap-On wrench. How well they fit fasteners and hold up, is TBD. But, I'm betting this crowd gave me a great referral. Thanks to all that posted about these tools. Thanks much.:fist bump:

$50 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0199R9UQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

tekton end wrenches.jpg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL