Sponsored

Set of 5 bead locks with open country 35s for $1800?

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Was dropping off my car for an oil change and saw them for sale, take offs from another new Jeep...selling for the same price as a set of stock wheels with 33s.

Not the tires or wheels I initially wanted but the deal seems to good to be true...do I need to jump on this ASAP?

Seems to good to pass up since it’s worth over 3k but not 100% sure so I figured I ask on here.

I’m thinking I would sell the wheels for 1500 and my 33s for 500, come up $and have 35s.

If they were 37s I would have already bought them
A1380ED0-2BC3-4C38-9E1E-1CF226936009.jpeg

EDC09123-5FA4-4D4F-A32E-819BBDA923BE.jpeg

0A46273E-AA1E-438C-B6E4-1D8DD95F1A57.jpeg
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I think that's a crazy good deal. If I didn't already have them I'd be all over that. Good luck

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Other option is I sell my set with 7k miles for 1k and get bead locks and temporary 35s for 900 after taxes?

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I think that's a crazy good deal. If I didn't already have them I'd be all over that. Good luck
would you just throw the set in the Rubicon and sell the stock?

guess even after my lift i can stick with the tires until they wear out and do 37?

wife isn’t liking the idea lol

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Great deal I would get them! Cheapest you can get the rims around here is $300 ea. obviously a steal with the tires:)

Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
would you just throw the set in the Rubicon and sell the stock?

guess even after my lift i can stick with the tires until they wear out and do 37?

wife isn’t liking the idea lol
That's what I would do. I sold my stock set for $1200 in one day but they had 0miles on them other than what the factory put on them.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
That's what I would do. I sold my stock set for $1200 in one day but they had 0miles on them other than what the factory put on them.
Talked to my sales person, he will try to get me 10% off with the parts manager when I go back...if I can walk out at 1650 and get 1k for mine I think I’ll be ahead by simply getting all 5 wheels for 650

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
can you mount bead locks on 33s? I could even just do that and I’m sure sell the stock rims with tires for 1500 since they have 0 miles

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
can you mount bead locks on 33s? I could even just do that and I’m sure sell the stock rims with tires for 1500 since they have 0 miles
I don't see why not. What you are getting at this point is not a true beadlock. It's a trim ring that looks like a beadlock, so no matter what tire you use it will be mounted the traditional way. The true beadlock ring is a separate kit that you would need to purchase when you want to go that route.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I don't see why not. What you are getting at this point is not a true beadlock. It's a trim ring that looks like a beadlock, so no matter what tire you use it will be mounted the traditional way. The true beadlock ring is a separate kit that you would need to purchase when you want to go that route.
I thought the ring was the beadlock? I dont know how the operate...but I think that's the route I will go, if I can get 1500 for the 35s and stock wheels. I'll basically get the wheels for under $300.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Something to note: as was mentioned, they are not beadlocks with that current ring on them. They are beadlock capable, but you must buy the other, actual, beadlock ring.

However, they take just as much work to mount them as if they were a beadlock. There are lots of bolts! Many shops will charge you their beadlock mounting rate which can be $80-$100 per tire. Just don’t want you thinking someone will swap out the tires for $10 each.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Parts manager called me back and said the sales person made a mistake, they are $3,400....kicking myself in the rear for not buying them on the spot...but it's likely they may have caught it anyway.

oh well

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I have these wheels and have wheeled them many times. I don’t do mud or high speed stuff, just playing in rocks. They have done really well for me. The valve stem is completely protected and I don’t worry about them getting damaged on the trail. I’ve seen valve stems ripped out and that isn’t fun.

The rings have lots of rock rash and a few of the bolt heads have received significant damage. I wish the bolts were recessed. I don’t look forward to trying to get the damaged bolts off.

I’d buy them again

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
"The rings have lots of rock rash and a few of the bolt heads have received significant damage. I wish the bolts were recessed. I don’t look forward to trying to get the damaged bolts off."

I agree on the bolts being recessed. I've taken mine off a few times and it gets tough. I'm going to look and see if I can find a bolt maybe made of a harder material that I can use a socket on.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
"The rings have lots of rock rash and a few of the bolt heads have received significant damage. I wish the bolts were recessed. I don’t look forward to trying to get the damaged bolts off."

I agree on the bolts being recessed. I've taken mine off a few times and it gets tough. I'm going to look and see if I can find a bolt maybe made of a harder material that I can use a socket on.
I’d love to hear what you come up with
Sponsored