Sponsored

Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
By the way, this is what I am trying to accomplish with the selector in the Auto position. It's what my lights look like in the Parking Mode position, currently.

Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO PXL_20230122_232258965
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I actually don't mind those white lights being dimmer in the Auto position. But the problem is that I want my fog lights to be ON during the day, like they are when the selector is in the Parking Lights position.

In other words, I would like the daytime Auto mode to behave as if the selector were in the Parking Lights position.

I've come to understand this isn't possible today with any known programmer, and it's a 1st world problem. So I just turn the knob when I start the vehicle instead, and have stopped using the Auto position.
Same, except I'm wanting the tail park lights always-on for better rear visibility (though I'd also prefer to have the fogs always-on). I stopped using the 'auto' for this reason and solely switch between park and regular lights (and off when turning the vehicle off).

First-world problem, but It's just a shame that our Jeeps have the 'auto' switch and light sensor hardware, but the software is missing a basic 'preference' change like the existing DRL option in uConnect. It's just a little disappointing that something this simple (and that improves safety) isn't already an option from the factory or something that can be easily fixed with a Tazer or JScan.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same, except I'm wanting the tail park lights always-on for better rear visibility (though I'd also prefer to have the fogs always-on). I stopped using the 'auto' for this reason and solely switch between park and regular lights (and off when turning the vehicle off).

First-world problem, but It's just a shame that our Jeeps have the 'auto' switch and light sensor hardware, but the software is missing a basic 'preference' change like the existing DRL option in uConnect. It's just a little disappointing that something this simple (and that improves safety) isn't already an option from the factory or something that can be easily fixed with a Tazer or JScan.
Agreed, but unfortunately auto manufacturers have so many regulatory requirements that change from country to county that it's not at all surprising they would only implement the bare minimum to meet said requirements.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I like having all but the headlamps lit during daytime driving. It didn't take long to develop the habit of always turning the knob one click after firing it up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO 20220906_163751
Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO 20220906_163221

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I like having all but the headlamps lit during daytime driving. It didn't take long to develop the habit of always turning the knob one click after firing it up.
Ain't nobody got time for spinning dials and shit! 😁

(Just feels kinda dumb not taking advantage of such a "smart/lazy/neat" feature using the auto mode and the light sensor cause it's not programmed correctly for folks like us. And beautiful pics btw!)

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ain't nobody got time for spinning dials and shit! 😁

(Just feels kinda dumb not taking advantage of such a "smart/lazy/neat" feature using the auto mode and the light sensor cause it's not programmed correctly for folks like us. And beautiful pics btw!)
I wouldn't go cutting up the factory systems to save hurling that big knob around 😆 ;) , but I fully agree that it should be made a Tazer selectable feature.

I should've stressed the habit forming part of my statement, as I don't want anyone thinking I was calling out laziness. By the time I got the tazer, I already had the habit of hitting the auto stop off button. Took a short bit to get used to not hitting that button, because with the tazer keeping it off, I was just turning it back on. I'd realize what I did after stopping at the first stop sign, and the engine died, freaking me out for a second because I wasn't used to the engine stalling. 😳 :CWL:

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nowadays you gotta get that pre-flight check burned into muscle memory for these rigs.