Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any way to drive in daylight with OEM LEDs always on? in AUTO

• Headlights Halo
  • Foglights
  • Taillights

I tried with TAZERJL Mini without success.
I found the only way is to switch manually to "parking lights mode"

Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO 1619741930740

Luxory Mode ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO 1619742121297

Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO 1619742360108

Any idea?
Thanks! โœŒ
Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
I can get you there 2/3 of the way. The problem is no halo's, just fog lights, tail lights and headlights.

Sorry, no pictures, did it a couple of years ago.

You need to go to the dealer and order the dash piece circled for a Jeep Sport. Pop the similar piece out of your dash. It will have a light sensor built into it. Put a plastic bag over the the piece and the wiring and then wrap the whole wad with some type of dark tape that will not dry out and fall off over time. I used a black silicone tape designed for repairing leaky things. Now shove that wad down into your dash and put the new part from the dealer (no sensor) in place.

Now set your switch to auto and all your lights will always be on because the wad inside the dash thinks it is pitch black outside.

Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO dash

Last edited:

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
OP
OP
Sierra

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I can get you there 2/3 of the way. The problem is no halo's, just fog lights, tail lights and headlights.

Sorry, no pictures, did it a couple of years ago.

You need to go to the dealer and order the dash piece circled for a Jeep Sport. Pop the similar piece out of your dash. It will have a light sensor built into it. Put a plastic bag over the the piece and the wiring and then wrap the whole wad with some type of dark tape that will not dry out and fall off over time. I used a black silicone tape designed for repairing leaky things. Not shove that wad down into your dash and put the new part fro the dealer (no sensor) in place.

Not set your switch to auto and all your light will always be on because the wad inside the dash thinks it is pitch black outside.

dash.jpg
Great idea! but, If I do this. I'll stuck with headlights ON, I just want the halo, fogs and taillights. I think I need to find those wiring and wire a + cable from my AUX switches so I can keep on as soon I turn on car, and at night I'll turn on headlights and dim my dash.

Now, the thing. Find those cables... lol

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
It's a long shot, but did you ever figure out a way to accomplish what you wanted? I would also like to do this same thing you described, without having to remember to turn the knob to the parking lights position.

So default to parking lights position with the selector in Auto, and then have the headlights come on instead of the halos at night.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sierra

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Still nothing ๐Ÿ˜…
A task for @tazerjl
Jeep Wrangler JL Set OEM LEDs always ON (Except Headlights) in AUTO 1674593959450

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Still nothing ๐Ÿ˜…
A task for @tazerjl
1674593959450.jpeg
Nothing I really need a Tazer for yet, but I think I'd buy one if it actually solved that one problem.

Logically, it doesn't seem too complex. Just changing the 'auto' behavior from headlights on > off to on > parking lights, which is how it should be from the factory imo.

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nothing I really need a Tazer for yet, but I think I'd buy one if it actually solved that one problem.

Logically, it doesn't seem too complex. Just changing the 'auto' behavior from headlights on > off to on > parking lights, which is how it should be from the factory imo.
Isn't this an option in the Tazer JL "fog light dropout" live menu selection? I changed it in my Tazer and I think it's working how you would like - I'll check later.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Isn't this an option in the Tazer JL "fog light dropout" live menu selection? I changed it in my Tazer and I think it's working how you would like - I'll check later.
Iirc, the 'fog dropout' is to keep the fog lights active when the high beams are on (think that's unlawful in some states for some goofy reason).

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Iirc, the 'fog dropout' is to keep the fog lights active when the high beams are on (think that's unlawful in some states for some goofy reason).
I just tried it and you are correct - Fogs stay on with high beams. Nothing changes with the auto light feature. Maybe take a rubber duck and cut a hole in the bottom to sit over the dash sensor? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ:LOL:

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just tried it and you are correct - Fogs stay on with high beams. Nothing changes with the auto light feature. Maybe take a rubber duck and cut a hole in the bottom to sit over the dash sensor? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ:LOL:
Funny, but not exactly what we're asking for. We want the ability for the Auto selector position to turn on the parking lights during the day, and headlights at night.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Lol. That actually might be a good solution for someone wanting to always have full headlights on all the time without ever needing to touch the dial.

I do appreciate you checking though!

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Funny, but not exactly what we're asking for. We want the ability for the Auto selector position to turn on the parking lights during the day, and headlights at night.
Hmmm.....I have a 2022 Rubicon with LEDs and that's the way it worked from the factory in the auto light setting. I did a quake led fender chop and they work the same way.

The only thing that doesn't work is when the auto switches the headlights on at night, the fog lights turn off. Parking lights stay on whether headlights are on or off.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm.....I have a 2022 Rubicon with LEDs and that's the way it worked from the factory in the auto light setting. I did a quake led fender chop and they work the same way.

The only thing that doesn't work is when the auto switches the headlights on at night, the fog lights turn off. Parking lights stay on whether headlights are on or off.
With the selector in the Auto position, and my headlights automatically switch on at night, my fog lights stay on. It remembers your last choice. So you merely have to press the fog lights button while it's in the Auto position to turn them on. Then next time they will automatically come on at night.

Also, the DRL or Daytime Running Lights do stay on during the day with the selector in the Auto position, but NOT the parking lights. I think you'll find that if you turn the selector to the parking lights position, you'll notice that those white lights on your front fenders get much brighter. This is the behavior we're speaking of. With the selector in the Auto position, those lights are much dimmer, and can be turned off in the UConnect settings under Lighting -> Daytime Running Lights.

I actually don't mind those white lights being dimmer in the Auto position. But the problem is that I want my fog lights to be ON during the day, like they are when the selector is in the Parking Lights position.

In other words, I would like the daytime Auto mode to behave as if the selector were in the Parking Lights position.

I've come to understand this isn't possible today with any known programmer, and it's a 1st world problem. So I just turn the knob when I start the vehicle instead, and have stopped using the Auto position.
Sponsored