Sponsored

Service tire system.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Service tire system came up today while on highway. 3 tires no reading. Got worried to I went to sheets. Checked my air. All the same 35-36 lbs. so I think I’m ok there. Is there a fix I can try or do I just need to bring it into dealer?

Thanks everyone.

Jim
Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I told my wife that. 15000 miles. Second set with be 35’s.

So off to the dealer. I have an oil change Saturday and my one rear fox shock is squeaking I think. Sooooo

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jimim

There is a chance that after a few on off cycles and some driving that that Service Tire System may just go away and not reappear.

I have seen this occurrence on two different JL's. Not sure why it happened ... I was told by a TPMS vendor that the issue may have occurred thanks to a TMPS reader hiccuping so to speak.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jimim

There is a chance that after a few on off cycles and some driving that that Service Tire System may just go away and not reappear.

I have seen this occurrence on two different JL's. Not sure why it happened ... I was told by a TPMS vendor that the issue may have occurred thanks to a TMPS reader hiccuping so to speak.
After a few stops today it did go away. So when I got Saturday should I say anything to them or is it worthless cause it went away. If it comes back obviously I will.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
After a few stops today it did go away. So when I got Saturday should I say anything to them or is it worthless cause it went away. If it comes back obviously I will.
@jimim

I would not even bother telling the stealership. They are just going to tie up your vehicle for an hour+ and come back and say they see nothing and if and when it occurs come back in.

Chance that it will reoccur again is little.

As I mentioned... I have seen this happen on two different JL's... they had the same message ... it went away that day and more then two years and 30,000 mi. the message did not occur on either JL.

According to the TPMS vendor I talked with the message is seen occasionally by lots of owners.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok cool. I’ll do that cause I got to get in and out Saturday. They are taking me in 730 first thing. I have an hour drive. They r usually great about getting me in and out.
Sponsored