Sponsored

Service Start/Stop warning in cool weather?

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hi Folks.
I've been getting an occasional Start/Stop warning light. It sometimes happens first start of the day. If I turn off then restart the Jeep it is gone and does not come back. It also seems to related to cooler weather but that may be coincidence.

I did check fuse and relay seating and battery voltages seem ok. Anything else I can check?

My dealer is an hour away and since it's an intermittent problem I would likely be told they could not duplicate the problem and send me on my way.

Jeep is a 2019 JLU Sport with 3.6L engine and MT. 5,500 and stock with the exception of a Mopar trailer wiring kit.

Thanks!
Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Check the connections, ensure they are snug on both batteries and any lug connections they may share. Getta back up start/stop battery. My KL did a similar thing right before the battery died.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Folks.
I've been getting an occasional Start/Stop warning light. It sometimes happens first start of the day. If I turn off then restart the Jeep it is gone and does not come back. It also seems to related to cooler weather but that may be coincidence.

I did check fuse and relay seating and battery voltages seem ok. Anything else I can check?

My dealer is an hour away and since it's an intermittent problem I would likely be told they could not duplicate the problem and send me on my way.

Jeep is a 2019 JLU Sport with 3.6L engine and MT. 5,500 and stock with the exception of a Mopar trailer wiring kit.

Thanks!
Hi Cliff,
We're sorry to hear about the stop/start concern you have been experiencing. If this concern becomes more predictable and you decide to have your dealer look into this, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Alex, I'll keep you informed.

A few days ago I again checked the fuses and relays in the TIPM. I found all the relays and a few of the fuses could be seated with a pretty firm push. Almost like they clicked into place. The Start/Stop light has not returned since I did that.

We'll see.
Sponsored