Service Start/Stop warning in cool weather?

1. cb4017

cb4017 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Cliff
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
    Liked:
    Retired
    Hi Folks.
    I've been getting an occasional Start/Stop warning light. It sometimes happens first start of the day. If I turn off then restart the Jeep it is gone and does not come back. It also seems to related to cooler weather but that may be coincidence.

I did check fuse and relay seating and battery voltages seem ok. Anything else I can check?

My dealer is an hour away and since it's an intermittent problem I would likely be told they could not duplicate the problem and send me on my way.

Jeep is a 2019 JLU Sport with 3.6L engine and MT. 5,500 and stock with the exception of a Mopar trailer wiring kit.

Thanks!

2. DaK

DaK Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    Check the connections, ensure they are snug on both batteries and any lug connections they may share. Getta back up start/stop battery. My KL did a similar thing right before the battery died.

3. JeepCares

JeepCares Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JL
    Liked:
    Hi Cliff,
    We're sorry to hear about the stop/start concern you have been experiencing. If this concern becomes more predictable and you decide to have your dealer look into this, please send our team a private message.
    Alex
    Jeep Cares

4. OP
    OP
    cb4017

cb4017 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Cliff
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
    Liked:
    Retired
    Thanks Alex, I'll keep you informed.

A few days ago I again checked the fuses and relays in the TIPM. I found all the relays and a few of the fuses could be seated with a pretty firm push. Almost like they clicked into place. The Start/Stop light has not returned since I did that.

We'll see.