Service Recommendations in Reno NV

Reno Wrangler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Anyone out there have recommendations for a reliable service shop in the Reno NV area for a JLUR? Preferably someone who is a Jeep enthusiast.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What are you wanting done?

For most things, Nate's Precision is the go to shop. They do gear installs, suspension, alignments, etc. They work on stock and custom stuff, and Jeeps are well within their abilities.

Tom's Hack-Shack (goes by "Tom Tom" on Facebook) does excellent suspension, welding, chasis, cages and other custom Jeep work/builds. He works out of his shop in the Galena Forrest area and I highly recommend him. He's an official installer for Metal Cloak too.

I wouldn't use Folbeck 4WD. They are severely over priced.

OP
OP

Reno Wrangler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Thanks Limeade and good question. Ideally I would be like to find a shop that is good at trouble shooting. As an example, let’s take the loose steering issue from a few years back. Many folks tried to solve the problem by swapping out suspension components. Worse yet, some dealerships claimed there was nothing wrong and that is “just how Jeeps are”. The problem turned out to be a bad steering gearbox and Jeep eventually issued a replacement box that solved the problem.

I’d like to find a shop that would have been able to diagnose the problem as a steering gearbox issue (not a non issue or suspension problem). Admittedly, that was an extreme example, but hopefully it gets the point across.

Last edited:

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Limeade and good question. Ideally I would be like to find a shop that is good at trouble shooting. As an example, let’s take the loose steering issue from a few years back. Many folks tried to solve the problem by swapping out suspension components. Worse yet, some dealerships claimed there was nothing wrong and that is “just how Jeeps are”. The problem turned out to be a bad steering gearbox and Jeep eventually issued a replacement box that solved the problem.

I’d like to find a shop that would have been able to diagnose the problem as a steering gearbox issue (not a non issue or suspension problem). Admittedly, that was an extreme example, but hopefully it gets the point across.
Probably Nate's Precision would be your best bet. I've never had the local Jeep dealer troubleshoot anything for me. I've only used them for warranty/TSB work.

The dealer has never given me any issues due to any aftermarket parts I've installed, to include all of my aftermarket steering when they did the steering box TSB. I always use Ben Cummings and have for years.