Service Hybrid Electrical Vehicle System

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Well after 2100 miles, and thinking I was safe, this evening I have fallen victim to the service hybrid electrical vehicle system. From the searches on the forums, doesn't sound great. Called dealership, waiting on a call back since they are busy. Terribly sad, but lucky it didnt happen out on the highway like it has to others. I was suppose to be on my first offroad trip too. :( @JeepCares

Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Bummer. I hope it is a simple fix.
I suspect these vehicles have a very short leash when it comes to system checks.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well after 2100 miles, and thinking I was safe, this evening I have fallen victim to the service hybrid electrical vehicle system. From the searches on the forums, doesn't sound great. Called dealership, waiting on a call back since they are busy. Terribly sad, but lucky it didnt happen out on the highway like it has to others. I was suppose to be on my first offroad trip too. :( @JeepCares

Good morning, CsD. Our team would like to discuss your current concerns further. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

nbj914

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Well after 2100 miles, and thinking I was safe, this evening I have fallen victim to the service hybrid electrical vehicle system. From the searches on the forums, doesn't sound great. Called dealership, waiting on a call back since they are busy. Terribly sad, but lucky it didnt happen out on the highway like it has to others. @JeepCares
Hey @CsD: Mind sharing where else you've seen notes on this in the forums? I just hit 2,400 miles on my 4xe and got the same red warning light/message the other day while a couple of hundred miles from home. It was accompanied by the orange/yellow check engine light. I drove it back and have had it in my garage since; unable to take it in to a dealership for a couple of weeks because everything out here in Chicago is backed up. I'm a bit worried about it, obviously, and irritated too, since this thing is brand new. I've been looking for more information, or to connect with others this has happened to, but haven't found much information. @JeepCares

OP
OP
CsD

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Hey @CsD: Mind sharing where else you've seen notes on this in the forums? I just hit 2,400 miles on my 4xe and got the same red warning light/message the other day while a couple of hundred miles from home. It was accompanied by the orange/yellow check engine light. I drove it back and have had it in my garage since; unable to take it in to a dealership for a couple of weeks because everything out here in Chicago is backed up. I'm a bit worried about it, obviously, and irritated too, since this thing is brand new. I've been looking for more information, or to connect with others this has happened to, but haven't found much information. @JeepCares
sorry to hear that this is happening to you. It turned out my issue was all caused by a bent pin in the door harness from taking the doors off and on, but I found a ton of information here….. https://www.4xeforums.com/threads/charging-system-error-that-caused-engine-to-shutdown.170/

Seems like that forum has more reported issues. Not 100% sure. That’s terrible that they can’t get you in for weeks. Good luck and hopefully it’sa quick easy fix. I haven’t had any more issues after my issue.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for tagging us here, nbj914. If you are able to get in to a dealership for diagnosis, feel free to send us a private message and let us know, we are happy to assist you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Occupation
IT
Thanks for tagging us here, nbj914. If you are able to get in to a dealership for diagnosis, feel free to send us a private message and let us know, we are happy to assist you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I've called my dealership on other issues & can't seem to get a call back but I digress - I just got this error yesterday when driving to Houston & back. My Jeep never shut down & at times would drop into battery mode & engine didn't come on until I got back up to highway speeds & when I got back home to charge it back up & went to dinner, it drove almost the entire way to & back from dinner on just the battery & engine didn't come on until I got to around 55 mph..
Sponsored