Service electronic stability control

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport (Mojito!, 3-piece hardtop, automatic 3.6L, molded running boards); '18 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT
Vehicle Showcase
My electronic stability control error kicked on yesterday after obtaining 38k miles. Ill chk the fuses!
Advertisement

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I just got my Jeep back today. It was the vacuum pump, and I guess some blown fuses caused by the pump. Both light are out. So far, so good.

I read a thread in which Jeepcares provided a link for finding a dealer. They said to make sure they had a customer first award.

I selected a dealer in my city that had this award. It was a little out of the way, but worth it so far. Once they got to my Jeep, it only took a couple of days, and they identified the vacuum pump right away. It's a really big dealer, so they probably saw this issue before.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport (Mojito!, 3-piece hardtop, automatic 3.6L, molded running boards); '18 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my Jeep back today. It was the vacuum pump, and I guess some blown fuses caused by the pump. Both light are out. So far, so good.

I read a thread in which Jeepcares provided a link for finding a dealer. They said to make sure they had a customer first award.

I selected a dealer in my city that had this award. It was a little out of the way, but worth it so far. Once they got to my Jeep, it only took a couple of days, and they identified the vacuum pump right away. It's a really big dealer, so they probably saw this issue before.
Glad they got you taken care of.

For me... the pitman arm bolt worked its way loose...extremely loose...my ESC light came on but also my steering became super loose over time. I went by Tank Customs so they could check it out before I went to the dealership (bc I got my lift and tires from them) and they found that the bolt was so loose that it came off after 2 turns. They think it happened after I got my aluminum steering box replaced by the steel one at the dealership and they think the bolt was not torqued appropriately. Bc the bolt was so loose, the arm slide down on the splines and that's why my steering was all over the place and dangerous. I legit had to steer with 2 hands all the time, always overcorrecting.

They fixed it for me and I notified the dealership of what occurred. My ESC light also went off. Thank you @TTEChris and your crew for keeping me safe.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2

For me... the pitman arm bolt worked its way loose...extremely loose...my ESC light came on but also my steering became super loose over time. I went by Tank Customs so they could check it out before I went to the dealership (bc I got my lift and tires from them) and they found that the bolt was so loose that it came off after 2 turns. They think it happened after I got my aluminum steering box replaced by the steel one at the dealership and they think the bolt was not torqued appropriately. Bc the bolt was so loose, the arm slide down on the splines and that's why my steering was all over the place and dangerous. I legit had to steer with 2 hands all the time, always overcorrecting.

They fixed it for me and I notified the dealership of what occurred. My ESC light also went off. Thank you @TTEChris and your crew for keeping me safe.
Wow, good thing your custom shop was able to take care of the issue.

I haven't got my steering box replaced. I wanted to see how this dealership did with the ESC & ASS light issue first. My steering isn't that bad, so I don't know when I'll get the better steering box.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, good thing your custom shop was able to take care of the issue.

I haven't got my steering box replaced. I wanted to see how this dealership did with the ESC & ASS light issue first. My steering isn't that bad, so I don't know when I'll get the better steering box.
You’ll get better steering with the steel box...guaranteed. Mine initially wasn’t too crazy, it was always a bit loose, but after getting the box, it was tight. I highly recommend getting it upgraded to the steel box.

sonchik

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018

What you are describing is exactly what's happening with my Jeep right now... I first noticed that steering was becoming loose again (my steering box was replaced by dealer a year ago as my Jeep was one of those that had 3-4 inches of play due to bad box). All was good until about 2 months ago or so. Just the other day the service ESC light/warning came on. I searched the threads and found this one. I read your note and decided to check the bolt - sure enough it is loose! I can turn it back and forth with my hand. Going to dealer today to get it fixed! Thanks for sharing the experience. Hopefully this will fix it.

Advertisement

Rock Krawler

Advertisement