YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone really love their service department around Atlanta, or even anywhere in GA? My JL has been at my dealer, Newnan Peachtree Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (where I purchased it), for 4 weeks and I cannot get any kind of a substantial update from them.

Log story short, I had it towed to them 4 weeks ago because I got the "Vehicle will shut off soon" message when driving, along with the CEL and electronic stability control lights. They had it for just over 2 weeks when they told me they replaced both batteries and it was ready to be picked up. After I picked it up, a mile down the road more weird electrical stuff started happening again (CEL and Electronic Stability Control light, along with random Auto Park Disengaged messages), so I brought it right back. Once I got it there and turned it off, it wouldn't start again. On top of that, while they were looking at it when I brought it back, I noticed several surface scratches on my front passenger fender from the previous "repair" work they did when they replaced the batteries. So on top of figuring out the electrical issue, they need to repaint my fender that they damaged and neglected to tell me.

So now it's 2 more weeks later, and still nothing. I've about had it with them. @JeepCares has been involved pretty much from day 1. They are supposed to be forcing the dealer to accept corporate help if they don't get any kind of substantial update from the dealer today, but I am not holding my breath.

At this point, I just want my Jeep back and would be willing to pay to have it towed to a competent dealer that can fix this issue, or at least prove to me they are trying. Right now from my end, it seems my dealer is just letting mine sit in their lot since they can't ever seem to tell me what they are doing to resolve the issue.
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I use Akins in Winder, GA. Not the closest to me, and I have only had Oil Changes and Tire Rotations done, so I can't really comment on anything beyond that.
They do have a custom shop on site, so there may be some chance that they have a clue.

katmanblu

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I use Akins in Winder, GA. Not the closest to me, and I have only had Oil Changes and Tire Rotations done, so I can't really comment on anything beyond that.
They do have a custom shop on site, so there may be some chance that they have a clue.
Akins is where I bought mine and they're my go to also. I'm another with just oil changes and rotations, but their personnel and service are remarkable. They're a big dealership, but I've been treated like I was their only customer at times. My experience from purchasing to now have really been great.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@katmanblu I bought from them too, I have a jeep dealer in Cumming, and drive past Mall of GA on my way to Winder. It's great to run at Fort Yargo while I'm there!

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Newnan Jeep gave me nothing but run around on my steering gear until i got Jeep cares involved now they have ordered the parts, but tell me i am like number 9 in line. I believe i was probably first or second when this started. They are also claiming jeep is not sending out the steering parts yet which we know is not true. I have no faith in them. And now that you mentioned it, i found scratches after my first but never made the connection. Dang IT! I bought mine from Palmer. The sales dept was great, but i don't know about there servce dept.

update. Jeep cares seems to have it squared away for me. The dealer ordered the parts and tells me it will be here in 2 to 3 weeks! Go Jeep Cares!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Newnan Jeep gave me nothing but run around on my steering gear until i got Jeep cares involved now they have ordered the parts, but tell me i am like number 9 in line. I believe i was probably first or second when this started. They are also claiming jeep is not sending out the steering parts yet which we know is not true. I have no faith in them. And now that you mentioned it, i found scratches after my first but never made the connection. Dang IT! I bought mine from Palmer. The sales dept was great, but i don't know about there servce dept.
Thatā€™s funny, because they actually did the steering TSB for me no questions asked. I had called them about it the day after the TSB was released and the parts came in within like 10 days. This electrical issue just happened to pop up in the same time frame. So they did the steering while it was in for this new issue.

I think it may very much depend on the service advisor you speak to. Hollie has been mine in the past and I had no issues with her, but my new one is Victor and I canā€™t get a straight answer out of him.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s funny, because they actually did the steering TSB for me no questions asked. I had called them about it the day after the TSB was released and the parts came in within like 10 days. This electrical issue just happened to pop up in the same time frame. So they did the steering while it was in for this new issue.

I think it may very much depend on the service advisor you speak to. Hollie has been mine in the past and I had no issues with her, but my new one is Victor and I canā€™t get a straight answer out of him.
Did the steering TSB make any difference?

lzaffuto

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Sport S Sarge Green
Just bought my 2020 from Jeff Smith in Perry. I haven't been to a dealer for service but since I live in Canton I was planning on going to Jasper Jeep because they seem to have good rating and their lot is absolutely packed with Wranglers which makes me feel like their techs might be better at working on them than the Renegades and Cherokees most dealerships probably see more of. Probably too far for you but I'll update how I feel about them when I go there.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I was thinking about Jeff Smith when I need to bring mine in. The dealer I bought from was terrific, unfortunately they are in North Carolina (Westgate). OP I would tell you to check google reviews for all the Jeep dealers near you, that's a good start.

Sponsored

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did the steering TSB make any difference?
it definitely made the steering feel more solid, but I only got to drive it a couple miles before it had to go back to the dealer so jury is still out as to whether or not it was worth it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Does anyone really love their service department around Atlanta, or even anywhere in GA? My JL has been at my dealer, Newnan Peachtree Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (where I purchased it), for 4 weeks and I cannot get any kind of a substantial update from them.

Log story short, I had it towed to them 4 weeks ago because I got the "Vehicle will shut off soon" message when driving, along with the CEL and electronic stability control lights. They had it for just over 2 weeks when they told me they replaced both batteries and it was ready to be picked up. After I picked it up, a mile down the road more weird electrical stuff started happening again (CEL and Electronic Stability Control light, along with random Auto Park Disengaged messages), so I brought it right back. Once I got it there and turned it off, it wouldn't start again. On top of that, while they were looking at it when I brought it back, I noticed several surface scratches on my front passenger fender from the previous "repair" work they did when they replaced the batteries. So on top of figuring out the electrical issue, they need to repaint my fender that they damaged and neglected to tell me.

So now it's 2 more weeks later, and still nothing. I've about had it with them. @JeepCares has been involved pretty much from day 1. They are supposed to be forcing the dealer to accept corporate help if they don't get any kind of substantial update from the dealer today, but I am not holding my breath.

At this point, I just want my Jeep back and would be willing to pay to have it towed to a competent dealer that can fix this issue, or at least prove to me they are trying. Right now from my end, it seems my dealer is just letting mine sit in their lot since they can't ever seem to tell me what they are doing to resolve the issue.
Hello, we are sorry to hear that your concerns have not yet been resolved. Please know that you may reach out to our team at anytime for an update on your case via private message. We would be happy to keep our communication open with you throughout the remainder of this process.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had pretty good luck at Mall of Georgia for service. They recently did the steering box TSB replacement under warranty for my wifeā€™s JL and it is lifted on 37s.

Edit: I did not buy my Jeep from them. I bought it at Ed Voyles in Marietta.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I am here in Atlanta and need to call someone about the TSB..... could also use a Detail shop to buff out the scratches and get it ceramic coated before heading north..... Please advise.... Staying near Buckhead.....

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I bought from the dealer in Rome (killer price) but I have had services at Ed Voyles and Palmer. I won't go back to Ed Voyles. Palmer started off pretty good and even though they had a few hiccups they did ok.
Sponsored