Service bulletin on steering problem.

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Took my Jeep JL Unlimited to dealership about my steering. The service rep told me it qualified for the new parts,but Jeep is only shipping every 2-3 weeks on the steering parts. Called Jeep,filed a complaint,and got a case number. Now,waiting on a supervisor to call me back. Kind of stupid,if the dealership request the parts,then they should be shipped. If their is a problem with supply,let me know. BTW,the only way I knew their was a bulletin on this problem, was because of this forum.
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
The service rep told me it qualified for the new parts,but Jeep is only shipping every 2-3 weeks on the steering parts. Called Jeep,filed a complaint,and got a case number.
complained because you have to wait for a part? Lame.

Kind of stupid,if the dealership request the parts,then they should be shipped.
You think parts magically show up because you asked for it? LOL.

If their is a problem with supply,let me know.
of course the problem is supply, they have to put them on all the ‘21s and production has priority. And they did let you know, they told you it would be 2 to 3 weeks.

BTW,the only way I knew their was a bulletin on this problem, was because of this forum.
TSBs are not recalls. They’re worked on an “as needed” basis. They don’t call you and announce them.

Last edited:

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
complained because you have to wait for a part? Lame.

You think parts magically show up because you asked for it? LOL.

of course the problem is supply, they have to put them on all the ‘21s and production has priority. And they did let you know, they told you it would be 2 to 3 weeks.

TSBs are not recalls. They’re work on an “as needed” basis. They don’t call you and announce them.
Pairing that they’re probably prioritizing the 21 jeeps, any supply chain delays with covid are also affecting shipping and all that jazz

“You think parts magically show up because you asked for it? LOL.”

I meannnnn they technically will show up..... in 3-4 weeks :LOL:
It took my dealer like 3 weeks for me too

Let’s blame amazon for this too while we’re at it for normalizing two day shipping. 10 years ago one week shipping was pretty damn good to me

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took my Jeep JL Unlimited to dealership about my steering. The service rep told me it qualified for the new parts,but Jeep is only shipping every 2-3 weeks on the steering parts. Called Jeep,filed a complaint,and got a case number. Now,waiting on a supervisor to call me back. Kind of stupid,if the dealership request the parts,then they should be shipped. If their is a problem with supply,let me know. BTW,the only way I knew their was a bulletin on this problem, was because of this forum.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well,I reckon I deserve that. This is my fifth Jeep,and never had a problem getting a repair part. In the industry I am in,we treat safety issues as a priority. And as for production of parts,the representative that I talked to told me they are on hand,each dealership is allowed only one per every 2-3 weeks. My case is the first for this dealership. Not asking for special treatment,just relaying the facts.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I'm on week 7 fighting with the dealership with JeepCares help. Still waiting for bolts apparently.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is a tough time to be on need of repairs.

Between the plant shutdowns earlier in the year, the dealer lockdowns, the restrictions on the movement of goods, and the decoupling of supply lines from China, there’s a shortage of many things right now.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Well,I reckon I deserve that. This is my fifth Jeep,and never had a problem getting a repair part. In the industry I am in,we treat safety issues as a priority. And as for production of parts,the representative that I talked to told me they are on hand,each dealership is allowed only one per every 2-3 weeks. My case is the first for this dealership. Not asking for special treatment,just relaying the facts.
Too funny, I was told my dealership had (5), 3 reserved, thus 2 for me before I was denied on Monday and he had 15 due in today

MFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wranger
I was in a similar situation. Took the Jeep in about a month ago, was approved for the SB, but was told the parts were allocated on a limited basis and my turn will be in mid November. I got a call from them Friday (9/25) said parts were in, they had to keep it over the weekend and picked it up yesterday. It made a significant difference (however, do not expect it to steer like a sport car).

Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked my JLUR up from the dealer and it will be sitting in my garage for 6 to 8 weeks till the new box comes in because I have called Jeep Cares and got a claim and they will not call me back.
My wife will not even drive the Jeep.
we did a trail and was on it for 7 hours in Moab and driving back to town we ran off the road because it had about 4 to 5 inches of play in the wheel after it was 102 degree outside and was heated up.
seems I get to drive it for 800-1000 miles then its back in for some kinda warranty.
Also every time I call Jeep cares to find out what's going on they want to remind me there is a recall for my jeep for the steering damper that I waited 4 months for them to get one and decided to just upgrade everything in the front end to get this thing to drive semi decent.

Warranty issues....
-First Jeep was ordered wrong
-new Jeep needed hood repainted from 4 inch scratch down the hood
-Sky one touch needed 2 motors and a latch at 320ish miles
-Oil leak from valve cover 700ish miles
-Steering damper but not completed. Had death wobble.( Took to long )800ish miles
-GPS and Radio failed ( GPS shows a different location then you are) 1
-GPS and Radio failed ( GPS shows a different location then you are) 2
-GPS and Radio failed ( GPS shows a different location then you are) 3
-Pulled out of the dealership lot and no volume up or down on radio.
-GPS and Radio failed ( GPS shows a different location then you are) 4
-Steering box denied the first time as they said it drives like every other JL but I have 2K in upgrades to get it to dive this decent.
-Ran off Road and now box is approved.
-Radio replaced.
9400 miles on it and 3400 was just recent from Moab and Arizona trips
Had Jeep 1 year and 4 months
Ron

Last edited:
OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in a similar situation. Took the Jeep in about a month ago, was approved for the SB, but was told the parts were allocated on a limited basis and my turn will be in mid November. I got a call from them Friday (9/25) said parts were in, they had to keep it over the weekend and picked it up yesterday. It made a significant difference (however, do not expect it to steer like a sport car).
I hope mine will be fixed soon. My wife won’t drive it,and my daughter will not drive it or ride in it.

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just picked my JLUR up from the dealer and it will be sitting in my garage for 6 to 8 weeks till the new box comes in because I have called Jeep Cares and got a claim and they will not call me back.
My wife will not even drive the Jeep.
we did a trail and was on it for 7 hours in Moab and driving back to town we ran off the road because it had about 4 to 5 inches of play in the wheel after it was 102 degree outside and was heated up.
seems I get to drive it for 800-1000 miles then its back in for some kinda warranty.
Also every time i call Jeep cares to find out what's going on they want to remind me there is a recall for my jeep for the steering damper that I waited 4 months for them to get one and decided to just upgrade everything in the front end to get this thing to drive semi decent.

Ron
Dang,I feel for you. My family refuses to drive it or ride in it. I just sold my 2000 TJ. Wish now I had kept it.

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
I have also had the same problem and I have a case manager and I’ve been speaking with her and her supervisor. I have found out that the delay is because they are going to make this a national recall because of all the steering issues going on with the jeeps. I find out that the dealership can’t even order my part until December 7. I have been dealing with this for two years and I guess another month doesn’t matter but it is still ridiculous

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have also had the same problem and I have a case manager and I’ve been speaking with her and her supervisor. I have found out that the delay is because they are going to make this a national recall because of all the steering issues going on with the jeeps. I find out that the dealership can’t even order my part until December 7. I have been dealing with this for two years and I guess another month doesn’t matter but it is still ridiculous
The dealership changed my steering gear box out,but it feels the same.
Sponsored