Sponsored

TATER1971

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willy's Wheeler JK in Rhino
So this is to rectify the steering issue everyone has been posting about?...When you end up fighting the steering wheel?

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
So this is to rectify the steering issue everyone has been posting about?...When you end up fighting the steering wheel?
Sounds like it.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
This is not the issue that the majority on this forum have faced; this has to do with steering becoming super tight in cold climate. The majority of folks here talk about the steering being too loose in basically every climate (massive deadspot, difficult to retain fine control). Seems like the issue addressed by this TSB is more dangerous, but only by a bit.

The lack of a solution for the loose steering remains deeply troubling...

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Agree with BlackRook, I experience the lock up at high temps, not low.

Sponsored

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 XR, 21 S Plaid, 03 Terminator
This is not the issue that the majority on this forum have faced; this has to do with steering becoming super tight in cold climate. The majority of folks here talk about the steering being too loose in basically every climate (massive deadspot, difficult to retain fine control). Seems like the issue addressed by this TSB is more dangerous, but only by a bit.

The lack of a solution for the loose steering remains deeply troubling...
Absolutely agree, got mine yesterday and drove it 50 miles home on the interstate. Ive never felt steering so loose, it was actually scary. Did the TSB and it hasnt helped.

Have taken it to three dealerships already that claim nothing is wrong, what do we do here?

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Absolutely agree, got mine yesterday and drove it 50 miles home on the interstate. Ive never felt steering so loose, it was actually scary. Did the TSB and it hasnt helped.

Have taken it to three dealerships already that claim nothing is wrong, what do we do here?
Well, first thing you need to do is private message @JeepCares with your issue, VIN, and mileage. They'll help address the incompetent dealerships (they're not being malicious, they just don't know how to fix the problem and want it to just go away -- not sure which is worse).

In the meantime, check this thread, if you haven't already:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/my-steering-issues-have-been-fixed.12843/

May or may not solve your problem, but in the least it'll give you some ideas to bring to the service guys at the dealership. I think the solution lies in the wholesale replacement of the steering box for most folks, and that's on back order already...

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I got this done today but now waiting to see if it actually gets rid of the steering locking in at highway speeds during cold temps.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Jeep Wrangler JL Service Bulletin: Low Steering Assist (Steering Lockup) at Highway Speeds 1643368535399

looks like this TSB is now a recall, dated 16 December 2021. Funny thing is, I asked Jeep Cares about this very repair the other day and they said I would have to pay for it.
Sponsored