Sponsored

"Service 4WD" light come on in 4HI Auto!

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hi there! Anyone experiencing the problem of the "service 4wd" error coming on while driving in 4hi auto? The funny thing is once i've parked and restart my engine the error light disappears, and after driving around in 4hi auto it comes on again randomly without warning. It may be 10km or 20km but it just pops up randomly, without any known pattern. Dealership says they have checked all parts - fad, transfer case etc but there doesn't seem to be any problem. Anyone of you met with this problem? Thanks!
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Hi there! Anyone experiencing the problem of the "service 4wd" error coming on while driving in 4hi auto? The funny thing is once i've parked and restart my engine the error light disappears, and after driving around in 4hi auto it comes on again randomly without warning. It may be 10km or 20km but it just pops up randomly, without any known pattern. Dealership says they have checked all parts - fad, transfer case etc but there doesn't seem to be any problem. Anyone of you met with this problem? Thanks!
Had that issue only once. I turned off the ignition before sway bar disconnect had fully reconnected. When I restarted, it came up with the error. The error stayed on all the way home in 2WD. Operationally everything seemed OK. I tried turning the ignition off and restarting, but the error wouldn't go away. 4Lo and 4Hi wouldn't light up on the dash although they mechanically engaged. Left it over night and it all cleared. Haven't had it come back and have been off road in both 4Hi and 4Lo several times since. Use 4Hi Auto regularly on wet roads. No problem. I thought I had damaged something but thankfully just needed some power down time for the error to disappear.

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I see! Mine comes on when driving in 4hi auto, and when I try to flip to 4hi part time it doesn't engage, 4 hi part time yellow lights just kept blinking @.@

so I guess in my case I cannot go into 4hi part time. I suspect it is the wheel speed sensor giving problems and nothing mechanical, if not "service 4wd" light will always light up when I start the car. But since the "service 4wd" light always disappears upon restart but comes on when driving halfway, i think there's a faulty speed sensor.

No point bringing to the dealer cause their excuse was...you're running 37s so it causes the problem...which is bullshit imo hahaha
Sponsored