mibackcountry

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Hello,
I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 8k miles. I installed a 2.5 inch Metal Cloak Game Changer lift about two months ago. Drove it around fine with the stock tires and wheels with no issues or codes.
About a month ago we put on the new tires and wheels, 37 inch BF Goodrich K02's and 17 inch wheels with new tpsm sensors (Sensors are in all 5 tires). I did reprogram the computer with the new tire size. After driving for a couple miles I noticed the service 4wd sensor came on and also my new tire sensors are not reading. I'm not sure if this is a related issue or separate. We checked to see if there was any lose wiring and it looked to be all connected. The four wheel drive does still engage and works. We did try clearing the code but It still pops up. Any ideas on what this could be or what to look for?
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Did they install the correct megahertz sensors. The 2021 and 2022 take a different part number sensor.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
With a '21 you need to know what month it was manufactured to get the right TPMS sensors. TPMS sensors were switched in 6/21. Prior to that uses the '20 sensors, after that uses the '22 sensors.

Also "Service 4WD" is an idiot light for a laundry list of failures. You need to know what the code was to get a real idea of what happened.

OP
OP

mibackcountry

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Thank you. I didn't realize there was a part break between the 2021 and 2022. I did run the codes and this is what is popping up for the 4wd service light.

code 1.jpg

code 2.jpg
Sponsored