oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and installed the Mopar locker wiring on my Rubicon. After setting both lockers to "off" with Tazer JL, the "SERV 4WD" light came on.

The Tazer JL manual says I should also set Delete FAD, but also says this setting is for those that have done axle swaps. I still have stock axles with FAD.

So should I disable FAD or not?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and installed the Mopar locker wiring on my Rubicon. After setting both lockers to "off" with Tazer JL, the "SERV 4WD" light came on.

The Tazer JL manual says I should also set Delete FAD, but also says this setting is for those that have done axle swaps. I still have stock axles with FAD.

So should I disable FAD or not?

Thanks!
I’m a little lost here, why did you need to install Mopar wiring on a Rubicon? I would set the locker section to “both” in that scenario.

I need some more details to be able to help you better.

OP
OP

oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I regeared th Rubicon and the lockers no longer work. Installed Mopar locker harness to keep using lockers.

I set the locker section to "both" under tazer jl but now I haave a permanent "SERV 4WD" light in the instrument cluster.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I regeared th Rubicon and the lockers no longer work. Installed Mopar locker harness to keep using lockers.

I set the locker section to "both" under tazer jl but now I haave a permanent "SERV 4WD" light in the instrument cluster.
So you did a gear job and when it was finished you had the flashing locker light? So you decided to fix that to just go with a two wire setup?

Have you updated to the most recent version of Tazer software.

You have all features of your Tazer set correctly ratio wise etc.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Taser is the issue. Plug that CRAP into a good vehicle now an issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After regearing, the lockers will not engage consistently, and when they do, they disengage themselves after driving about 10 ft.

"Service lockers" massage might pop on highway driving, but otherwise no locker light.

Used tazer to set to correct gear ratio and tire size.

According to Tazer JL manual :" Set Front Axle Disconnect: This setting will delete the factory Front Axle Disconnect for those that have done axle swaps. This setting should be used in conjunction with the Locker setting."

The problem is I still have the stock axles, so not sure I need to disable FAD.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
After regearing, the lockers will not engage consistently, and when they do, they disengage themselves after driving about 10 ft.

"Service lockers" massage might pop on highway driving, but otherwise no locker light.

Used tazer to set to correct gear ratio and tire size.

According to Tazer JL manual :" Set Front Axle Disconnect: This setting will delete the factory Front Axle Disconnect for those that have done axle swaps. This setting should be used in conjunction with the Locker setting."

The problem is I still have the stock axles, so not sure I need to disable FAD.
Who did the gear job? During the swap I am guessing the floating plate position was not marked or it became warped causing the issue you’re describing. A gear job should not cause the lockers to not work. I think the issue is you need to redo the gear job the right way and your Rubicon will operate as designed.

You do not need to delete the FAD as you still have one. Turning it off is not the solution here.

OP
OP

oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You are absolutely right. The same shop I used messed up the floating plate on another forum member's JLUR.

However, I do not wish to spend god knows how many hours arguing with a shop 1 hour (one way) from home. A wiring harness gets the job done quicker.

OP
OP

oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
To the shop's credit, I did bring the jeep back for them to look at. They cannot find the problem back then, and basically said " get a dealer to fix it and give us the bill".

However, judging from all the threads on this forums, it seems like the dealer will have no idea how to fix any locker light related problems and just swap a new axle (and sometimes two new axles and a transfer case), and bill me $4,000 (to maybe $10,000, who knows). Do not want to foot that bill and then chase a shop 1 hour away from home hoping they will pay me that much.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
To the shop's credit, I did bring the jeep back for them to look at. They cannot find the problem back then, and basically said " get a dealer to fix it and give us the bill".

However, judging from all the threads on this forums, it seems like the dealer will have no idea how to fix any locker light related problems and just swap a new axle (and sometimes two new axles and a transfer case), and bill me $4,000 (to maybe $10,000, who knows). Do not want to foot that bill and then chase a shop 1 hour away from home hoping they will pay me that much.
If you have agreed to just let it be. Then just turn both lockers to off. Leave the FAD settings alone and setup your two wire operation. However your axles are still fixable and it requires fixing the plate. Once that’s done you will be able to resume normal operation.

Understand these things do happen but with patience and lots of trial and error it can be corrected.
Sponsored