Seriously Sirius??!

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
So.....I have it on two of my vehicles. Every renewal I have to call and refuse to pay the huge bill, and then it goes way down and I keep it. Annoying little dance.

Just called, and if I understood them correctly (very well may not have as they weren't from here, even though I confirmed the details multiple times) I am paying about $40 for both cars. For a year.

Now..... My JL came with it (not my choice, was an on the lot one). They charged $295...... REALLY? Either Mopar is getting screwed or I am, which likely means me.
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Whoa, That’s either one of the best deals (for SiriusXM) or the pricing is per month for both for a year.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
If you've gotten two vehicles for $40 you have "stolen" them blind!

I've been fighting these huge bills for my last five at least Jeep vehicles! The last "fight" was $245 for one car, got it down to $85, that's one of two! So the dance continues. The last dance was when my free year ran out!

If you bought a new Jeep off the lot you should not have been charged for Sirius, should have been a free year I believe Jeep offers this on most of their Jeep vehicles. Not sure about a basic Sport, maybe not? If you did not want it the dealer should not have done the subscription!

Good luck when you dance your renewal! lol

Go Jeep!!!

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
There are also different packages available at different rates.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
My free year ran out a few months ago. Not willing to pay for it, as normal radio or streaming from my phone is more than good enough.

However, considering the price of the hardware is included in the price of the Jeep, it should be free with the vehicle. Stop pushing subscription stuff for everything and for that crazy monthly fee, it should come with a pizza or a burrito twice a month.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Sirius is Seriously lame. Spotify premium is where it’s at. I can’t stand the quality of satellite radio and I hate the no commercial model with dj’s that talk on music stations for 22 hours a day.

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
UPDATE! once it was all in the system, yes the girl didn't understand English well, and I didn't understand her. Now fixed, still cheap (about 6.50 per month per vehicle which includes taxes, fees, blah blah blah).

Still a far cry from what the dealer is charging......

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
If you've gotten two vehicles for $40 you have "stolen" them blind!

I've been fighting these huge bills for my last five at least Jeep vehicles! The last "fight" was $245 for one car, got it down to $85, that's one of two! So the dance continues. The last dance was when my free year ran out!

If you bought a new Jeep off the lot you should not have been charged for Sirius, should have been a free year I believe Jeep offers this on most of their Jeep vehicles. Not sure about a basic Sport, maybe not? If you did not want it the dealer should not have done the subscription!

Good luck when you dance your renewal! lol

Go Jeep!!!
Yes, it was listed on the option sheet. SiriusXM radio and 1year subscription. I likely won't renew in my Jeep, as once the proclip arrives for a good phone mount, mostly will be Google.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
When I called in February 19 and told them I wanted to cancel service on both my vehicles they gave me 12 months for $60 per vehicle including taxes and fees after declining several higher offers they quoted me first.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The dance is infuriating. I’ve been a customer since before Howard, and I still have to threaten to cancel every year.

I renewed a couple of months ago for $5/mo (no internet access, as I never use it or the phone app). I also ditched Guardian since I have a manual.

Sponsored

BIGDOGS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sting Grey + '15 Cherokee Trailhawk + '17 Renegade Trailhawk
That's a good deal...too good to be true! What irks me is the extra U Connect fees, too.

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
I do the same dance once a year with my RAM, and now will have to do it twice a year due to the Jeep and the wife liking satellite radio now that is has replay features. They are a typical company and they know that most people buy a new car and just pay whatever whenever they send a bill thinking it's required(Like my Mom)..

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I like the Sirius options, but like everyone else, it's only worth $5/month to me. The problem is it auto renews unless you cancel, a practice I think should be illegal. They should have to provide notice of renewal at the very least, not just send a bill a month later. Not happy with having to do the 45 minute dance every year with someone I can barely understand. The Guardian babysitting service is way not worth it. Not a happy customer. I'll probably cancel next time.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
It's been two months since my Sirius XM expired. Just today I got an email and a letter from Sirius. It's like this several times a week.

I feel like the Dursley's when they tried to ignore Harry Potter's invitation to Hogwarts.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm not a fan of it, I can't stand the DJs jabbering between songs (Pandora has spoiled me), and I listen to mostly the rock channels, but I don't like Tool or RATM which seems to be every other song on those channels :D. I do like the convenience, though, but I'm just not willing to pay much for it. I might pay up to 60 a year if they would stop screwing around with their deals and games and just offer it straight up!
Sponsored