Sponsored

Sequoia Overlanding Trip

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I’m just getting around to completing the video of my first overlanding trip to Sequoia National Forest from the summer of 2019. With some good tires you can go a lot of great places with a stock Sport. My buddy and I had a blast on this trip and we’ve been going off road as much as possible since. Part 1 has us going from jawbone canyon in the Mojave desert to the mountains and forest of Sequoia National Forest. Over 5000ft in elevation and amazing changes to the scenery. I highly recommend making the trip if you can make it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
The 2nd & final part of the series. The photos and memories when you take your Jeep off road are epic. This trip was certainly that!

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I’m just getting around to completing the video of my first overlanding trip to Sequoia National Forest from the summer of 2019. With some good tires you can go a lot of great places with a stock Sport. My buddy and I had a blast on this trip and we’ve been going off road as much as possible since. Part 1 has us going from jawbone canyon in the Mojave desert to the mountains and forest of Sequoia National Forest. Over 5000ft in elevation and amazing changes to the scenery. I highly recommend making the trip if you can make it!
This looks awesome! Do you need permits to do over landing trips like this? Are there designated campsites or is it just like backpacking where you find a spot you like and set up camp?

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This looks awesome! Do you need permits to do over landing trips like this? Are there designated campsites or is it just like backpacking where you find a spot you like and set up camp?
Depends if it’s a California adventure area if you need a permit. There‘s a few of those in SoCal. In a few weeks I will have some vids on last months trip near you at Santiago peak and the Cleveland National Forest. Which did require the adventure pass. Subscribe so you catch it.

The great part of overlanding is it’s like backpacking in the sense that you can get away from it all. Plus finding a spot is part of the fun as you don’t have to be in a designated site. Unlike backpacking you have a vehicle so you can bring a lot of creature comforts.

Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Depends if it’s a California adventure area if you need a permit. There‘s a few of those in SoCal. In a few weeks I will have some vids on last months trip near you at Santiago peak and the Cleveland National Forest. Which did require the adventure pass. Subscribe so you catch it.

The great part of overlanding is it’s like backpacking in the sense that you can get away from it all. Plus finding a spot is part of the fun as you don’t have to be in a designated site. Unlike backpacking you have a vehicle so you can bring a lot of creature comforts.
Very cool! I’ll definitely keep an eye out for those vids

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice trip. looks like an awesome time. Did you save your route on Gaia?
Yes I did! There were plenty of other trails nearby that I didn’t have time to explore. Guess I will have to go back!
Sponsored