Sensor work around with doors off?

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
I think that's incredible un-true. With doors-off, the wind noise is very loud, even at moderate speed, let alone whether the driver has a radio or music going. On the highway, it's flat-out ridiculous.

Separating the noise of your own (off-road) tires and your wind from the sound produced by another vehicle on the road -- I don't know how that would work.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's incredible un-true. With doors-off, the wind noise is very loud, even at moderate speed, let alone whether the driver has a radio or music going. On the highway, it's flat-out ridiculous.

Separating the noise of your own (off-road) tires and your wind from the sound produced by another vehicle on the road -- I don't know how that would work.
I can hear my stereo well enough. Seems you should be able to hear it to me.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can hear my stereo well enough. Seems you should be able to hear it to me.
To me other cars sound like a whoosh of air — guess that’s why they have developed elaborate systems to help us with an issue you, happily, don’t have.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He seems to be stalled out on it, although the last word was that he had a few hundred already manufactured.

The hold-up is that every few days the Jeep throws an error because it thinks the doors are on (because of the device) but it never gets any notifications that the doors have been opened and closed. The Jeep factory programming apparently gets unhappy when the doors don't open and close occasionally but the vehicle is started and driven.

The error can be cleared by using your TazerJL to reboot the Jeep, but that's a pain in the ass. To make the product viable he's working on (or not working on) a firmware change that the TazerJL can make to the Jeep so the Jeep stops being quite so fussy about the doors.

Don't quote me, but you could email him via his website to pester him about it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the owner of Z Automotive about this just last week, and he still hopes to offer a solution for this *eventually*.

There is a programming issue that has been proving hard to nail down.

Unfortunately no ETA.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

I asked the owner of Z Automotive about this just last week, and he still hopes to offer a solution for this *eventually*.

There is a programming issue that has been proving hard to nail down.

Unfortunately no ETA.
Thanks for the update. I’d feel a lot safer having blind spot with no doors in town.
Sponsored