Sponsored

SEMA starts tommorow, anyone looking for any interesting releases?

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I hope at least 5,000 angry JL owners and BOLT LOCK vendors/dealers attack the BOLT LOCK booth and demand that they immediately manufacture and ship the Bolt JL hood lock that they introduced at LAST YEARS SEMA and finally put it in their catalog in about June of '19 and had their vendors start "pre-selling" them shortly thereafter. To date, they have done nothing but make excuses as to why they haven't released them yet and they keep setting release dates and when the date gets here, they simply move it forward another month. I now see that some vendors are now saying December. This is a really bad business practice and for everyone that has ordered and paid for theirs three plus months ago, they should provide them for free once (and If) they ever do actually manufacture them.
I ordered mine from BOLT in Australia back in June. So far only guesses as to why the stock hasn't arrived. Ready to pull the plug and ask for a refund.
Sponsored

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io. Ra-d-io.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
2dr Gladiator conversion :)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A normal sized key FOB would be nice. Someone is missing the boat here. I be in line first.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Interested in more 9" led headlight options (beyond oem, oracle oculus and kiwi)
I'd be particularly interested in a complete plug n play offering from JW Speaker specifically for the JL. But their stuff would likely exceed the cost of a discounted OEM kit. no interest in more chinese lights.

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
How about some nice looking, fairly lightweight 9 inch wide JL wheels that don't stick out from underneath the fenders too much. And fit on the stock spare carrier without too much trouble.
I like AEV's wheels but I'd like to see more style choices out there. More affordable prices with a little more width to them would be nice too.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
In September I actually spoke to Jason Buckles at Bolt, the sales account manager who is like their head marketing guy (he was in the video from SEMA last year demonstrating the JL hood lock and some other new items they were introducing). He admitted that the reason that they can't get their locks manufactured is because they are also manufacturing Mopar's locks and every time that the BOLT lock is set for a manufacturing run, they get bumped by an order from Mopar. That being said, he still told me that they should have theirs in production in October (which obviously didn't happen). Quadratec is still showing 11/6/19 as their ship date but I'm sure that will soon change. Summit Racing is now showing 12/2/19 as their ship date. Since BOLT's lock will allow you to remove the key in the unlocked position, I'm determined to wait for theirs, but I'm still quite frustrated and upset with their inability to stick to their word.
Thank you for this information. My below reply is directed at Bolt, not you.

They can't meet production levels?....you outsource more vendors.

But that costs money, which digs into profit.

Assuming Bolt's reply is even [fully] accurate, these problems are solved with money that greed for greater profit precludes them from taking.

And a manufacturer is entitled, within the scope of law, to be as greedy as they want. The question is if it's smart. The bad will they are generating with Wrangler customers and this wait, who while very loyal, but by corollary also remember when vendors have pooped on them, I cannot see as wise in the long term.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be shocked if MOPAR is hitting them up with product demands for their lock so as to incentivize their better latter than sooner delivery of Bolt's own product, as much if not more so than to meet consumer demand for MOPAR's lock.

Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I’m in Vegas for a Medical conference but got the go ahead to register for the SEMA show. Going tonight. Pumped.

we sell small diameter wire to auto manufactures now in Japan but may try to get into it here.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Banks Ram Air CAI. I'm waiting to see their published performance numbers for their new 3.6 CAI.