Sponsored

SEMA program to get kids interested in Jeeps!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/modified/these-jeep-wranglers-have-been-modified-school-children

And from the SEMA site:

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/201...ve-high-school-student-vehicle-builds-in-2019

So if you don’t know, the folks at SEMA started a program last year where they pick a handful of high schools with automotive course from across the nation (last year was the pilot program so it was only one school) and gives them each a vehicle to work on. The vehicles are then sold at auction with the proceeds going to buy the vehicles for the next year. I know they aren’t JL’s but this year they gave 5 schools each a Jeep to work on. I think this is going to turn out to be a great program and get a lot of the youth really interested in not only Jeeps and jeeping, but also interested in the automotive world as a whole. I would love to get to see these in person and read more about the specs.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
:rock: :jk:
I work at a community college with a pretty good automotive program, I might have to mention this to a few people to see if they can make something like this happen on our campus!

OP
OP
TA1ton

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
:rock: :jk:
I work at a community college with a pretty good automotive program, I might have to mention this to a few people to see if they can make something like this happen on our campus!
That would be awesome! Anyway that we can encourage people to find their passion is a win in my book! :like::rock: